Manitou SX-R 80mm Forks - SOLD

I agree that the SX-R is very under-rated. Mine is the year before this one (98 vs 99?) and still works fine although I don't get the advertised travel. But I think the elastomers are designed for somebody two stones heavier than me.

The design is elastomers plus quite a stiff coil spring on one side, and hydraulic damping on the other side. Both are of much higher quality than Rockshox of the same era. Touching wood, I've never had any problem with the damper and the difference in condition between the twelve year old Manitou MCUs and similar vintage Rockshox ones is like night and day.

I like mango too.

Anthony":39jtbe4q said:
I like mango too.

I thought people would laugh at me if I said that, now I'm not on my own! I loved the look of these on the silver frame..

great fork

I have an identical fork....Lightweight and EXCELLENT and the seals are still available in UK

It is oil damping in one leg and spring in the other...damping needs 90cc of oil in the left leg..just pour it in top...microlube is excellent.

Manuals & Service instructions all available online

If no one else wants it I'll take it. For that price its a bargain

I also have an SX '01 and SX Ti which perform just as well

So, in a nutshell..buy one...then get some seals while they are still available and you have a cheap fork that will last ages.

I'm into Aggressive XC normally and my SXR was on a Klein Pulse and has taken many 4-5 foot dropoffs however I'm only 140 pounds in weight and used to ride rigid for years so land like a cat! haha

I was hoping these would fall off the forum radar 'til I got some cash in the bank. . . wishful thinking since I've already spent my next paydays funds (only 2 weeks before I get it but hey. . . . )....

Sorry folks, these were sold, to me.
They will soon be holding up the front end of one of these, depending on the steerer tube length of my other set:
photo8_209.jpg

08012010169_large_204.jpg

Back