For Sale MANITOU 2 suspension fork steel spring repair & restoration kit springs

fguki

Senior Retro Guru
[For sale]

Full service & repair restoration steel spring kit for MANITOU 2 retro suspension forks. Engineered and made in Germany from highest class spring-steel (Federstahl). Suspension: 0 - 40mm maximum.

Scope of delivery:

- 2 or 3 suspension steel springs
- 4x guidance bushings
- 2x elastomers

After purchase you can decide:

1.) Spring tension suited for riders up to and around 85 kg (170 pounds)
2.) Spring tension kit suited for riders around 100 kg + (200 pounds +)

3.) You can purchase the additional spring (black or silver) to chose on your own and change the general setup of the fork.

No spare Manitou parts such as tubes, crowns, bosses or screws for sale. Only brake boosters (Manitou 1) or steerers!

Prices:

- 2 spring full repair kit: 45,00 Euros (+ shipping)
- 3 spring full repair kit: 55,00 Euros (+ shipping)

Shipping costs:

- Within Germany: 2,55 Euros in padded envelope with tracking code
- EU shipping: 7,20 Euros in padded envelope with tracking code
- Anywhere else in the world shipping: 7,20 Euros in padded envelope with tracking code

Feel free to PM me!

Barely answering here.

IMG_7396.jpg

IMG_7397.jpg

IMG_7398.jpg

IMG_7399.jpg

IMG_7400.jpg

1993 Marin Team Issue Shimano Deore XTR M900 MTB bike restoration project image picture examp...jpeg

1993 Marin Team Issue Shimano Deore XTR M900 MTB bike restoration project image picture examp...jpeg

Last edited:
This is what mine should look like isn't it?!
Manitou 2? do they have springs as standard? :)

Attachments

• Prestige Manitou.jpeg
    Prestige Manitou.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 24
That is a Manitou 2 fork (1993). Yes. No they had elastomeres which are eventually going to look like that if you dont use your bike regularly and store it away for some time leaving it to heat and cold :D I highly recommend a steel spring kit!

IMG_4985.jpeg

IMG_5596.jpeg

IMG_5597.jpeg

Wow! Something to look forward to! Great I'll look at springs once I get started on it. How is the ride on springs are they dampened?

The 3rd spring is an option! I really wonder why the question pops up again. I really tried my best to make it very easy and understandable in the OP.

When you purchase, you can choose:

Kit no #1) black / black springs set 45,00 Euros + shipping (for riders up to aprox. 85kg weight)

Kit no #2) black / silver springs set 45,00 Euros + shipping (for riders over 85kg weight)

Kit no #3) black / black / silver springs set 55,00 Euros + shipping (to be able to change spring combinations whenever you like or your weight has increased / decreased)

Cheers

Last edited:
Scope of delivery:

- 2 or 3 suspension steel springs
- 4x guidance bushings
- 2x elastomers

so the elastomers give some dampening ?

Back