longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Wow that was ace, but hard work.

Reserved for full write up later

Please post pics etc here

One love x

Time for a wee write up. Not going to lie, the weekend was amazing but the comedown following and work stress have overshadowed it all, but more on that another time.
First off of like to thank all of you who came,sat, helped, chatted and created an awesome chilled out retrobike vibe. We couldnt do this without your support, bikes or passion, I thank you all immensely.

At most I think we had over 50 bikes on display which compared to the 90 just for sundays show and shine is an unbelievable head count! Well chuffed! Plans are afoot to make displaying so e of them better but please please please, in future bring a stand and some pegs as the hill was a pain to secure them down to and some expected us to provide pegs and stands.......we onlyvhad so many spares to go around.

Show and shine, epic builds, controversial decisions and I still feel like the most hated person in the world for a few days following. It is what it is and I truly hope none of the mardy arsenals who stomped out near the end are not here.......if so, so blowing all your money on a bikes just to win a grand....thats not the point of it. Its show and shine,not concours, and every bike has, or should have a story that needs to be told..... and alot more can be said but ring me if your honestly pissed off.

Highlights for me, in no particular order

Quantity and quality of the bikes on our stand and in the tent
Racing my 40 year old bmx in the mongoose pumptrack against a hand full of pro riders
Riding the best replica of jmc's dirt bike onthe pump track,cheers spud :)
Letting a kid ride my bmx, I think it was his highlight and hopefully inspired him for many years to come
Catching up with loadsa people
Chilling in the sun
Slack line attempts with Giles..... never again haha
Music and alcohol and....... chilled
Dancing
Show and shine
Having hans rey say hi Chris, what do I need to be doing....honoured haha
Chatting to bob haro and andy ruffel
Discussing merch with tim at bike ninja, always a pleasure
Drinking and getting naked after hours.....

I'll add more as I remember haha

Edit: Coat owner found

Last edited:
A great job done by yourself and your crew!

Thanks mate.

al.

I so wanted to peddle up to this... definitely would of been worth a long jolly.
Great stand and display 👍
3rd pic down.....2wd!?? Is that on this site I'd like to see and learn more about that!

I so wanted to peddle up to this... definitely would of been worth a long jolly.
Great stand and display 👍
3rd pic down.....2wd!?? Is that on this site I'd like to see and learn more about that!
It's a mates bike, but not sure he's posted on here. I can get info and that though.

al.

It's a mates bike, but not sure he's posted on here. I can get info and that though.

al.
I've always wondered what it'd be like...I bet twisty climbing it'd rock! Laugh but I look a disc brake hubs and heavy weight clutch cables and well ....you can guess 😆 is it a kit to fit or a complete bike?

Back