Magura HS33 hydraulic rim brakes

grilla

Retro Guru
Hello all

First off, an explainer, or rather an apology. In a former life I used to ride downhill MTB but for the last twenty years I have resided over in the darker, or at least more tarmacked, less hirsute realms of road cycling. Father forgive me for my sins and all that. I have never posted in the MTB section until now, so please be gentle.

Now that that is out the way, I'll cut to the chase. I'm back visiting my Mum for a bit and she wants me to sort through my things, which includes my old downhill bike. It was not a particularly spectacular build, I remember not having much money at the time, not that things have changed greatly since then, but I knew that at the least I wanted some decent brakes, so I got myself some Magura HS33s, after lusting after the pair on my mate's bike for months prior.

So here they are, freshly removed this morning. They've a few scuffs and scrapes and I'm sure need a going over, but the levers still feel good and the blocks move very smoothly when the lever is depressed. One obvious thing is that the red fixing on the front lever is missing.

As for price, I'm not sure as I really am not that familiar with MTB parts anymore, so I am open to advice/correction/feedback, but how does £40 sound? Whatever the case - I will do my best to help answer any questions, provide any further information or photographs etc.

Thanks for looking and reading

Attachments

• mag1.jpg
    mag1.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 371
  • mag2.jpg
    mag2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 371
  • mag3.jpg
    mag3.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 371
  • mag4.jpg