Magura Brake Booster

ishay

Retro Guru
Has a chunk been cut off this brake booster? I bought a set of Magura HS33 brakes with only one booster. Ignore the fact I screwed up the repainting, has the mounting hole been cut off? Looking at photos online, and offering it up to a bike I think it has.

Attachments

• IMG_4816.png
    IMG_4816.png
    451.2 KB · Views: 163
Re:

Yep been cut off, the way I see it it’s to do with tire width and rim width getting wider, it’s essentially made that first hole Redundant and also in the way so they get cut off.

Re:

As all the above have said, yes it's been cut off, a very common thing to do, I did/do it too as sometimes even 2.1 tyres can be a pain to get the wheel out/ Q/R side brake off. It'll still fit just fine and work as normal, someone has saved you the trouble of cutting the extra hole off ;)

Great feedback, thanks all. I've dissembled everything, so those manuals will be used for more than just this query now too.

If anybody should have a one spare brake booster and mounts I'm on the lookout to buy a set. I ordered some here https://www.rockandrollbikes.com but haven't heard from them, not sure if it's just a Covid19 thing, all the bike shops I know are open.

Back