MacRetro Ride in April - Loch Leven circuit provisionally Saturday 9th April, 10 for 1030am start.

only weekend i cant do at present is the 16th as I'm out on the p!ss on a family pub crawl in cowdenbeath on the saturday so wont be fit for the sunday lol.

Feck aff velo, yer no giving me the blame;)........ye asked for suggestions, ye didnae need tae actually listen tae me.........

Any of those weekends are fine with me. 👍

Just thinking about it, maybe better on a Saturday, if you are including both days, might be less busy round loch than on a Sunday, though I don't suppose there's much in it nowadays, there's a load more folk discovered going out for a walk somewhere is quite nice the last couple of years.

There's plenty of parking up at the High School, the Loch Leven Community Campus to be posh, that's where me, Keith, and Kenny park when heading round loch making for Lomonds.

Hokay let's narrow it down to Saturdays only but not the one where Keith's getting pished.
Saturday 2nd, Saturday 9th or if those ain't suitable Saturday 23rd.

I have a suggestion.

Seeing as it's difficult for us to organise a ride with us all together, but how about a ride along the lines of Global FatBike Day?

Instead of us having to meet up we do a themed ride, each in our own area, and within a given week or weekend.

For example, see how many castles/forts we can include in our route (or Brochs, or Oast Houses, or Chambered Tombs, etc etc)

Being Scotland, castles would be an easy start. :)

Personally not keen on the Global Fat bike Day model as its basically just going for a ride on your tod for a reason. Doing a solo ride is what we do of our own volition anyway.

I think we should just make the effort to get together when we can and I think a trip up north to Brian and Jamie's neck of the woods should be considered. The ride to the Garve chip van and back was a goody😎

Personally not keen on the Global Fat bike Day model as its basically just going for a ride on your tod for a reason. Doing a solo ride is what we do of our own volition anyway.

I think we should just make the effort to get together when we can and I think a trip up north to Brian and Jamie's neck of the woods should be considered. The ride to the Garve chip van and back was a goody😎
Regard my idea as a filler, not a replacement for organised rides.

Going to make an executive decision, let's go for Saturday 9th April for a Loch Leven circuit, say 10 for 10:30am start. Ride what you like but just in case bring something at least a bit off roady in case of any diversions from the beaten path.
Any objections/issues let us know as date not completely super glued to the ceiling😅

Back