LX crank question

Benandemu

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Can somebody tell me whether the Black LX cranks from the 1994 8 speed group are ATB or compact size please?

http://www.fa-technik.adfc.de/Herstelle ... en.html#94

edit/ oops
wrong-ish link

you mean this
FC-M563-B_1994.gif

or one of the other many M56x's

but yes Compact.

Thanks for that.
Next project being lined up, and I was just checking compatability of parts on it with what I have.

I'd measure them to be sure, my black M560s are 110/74s. So it looks like the M563s was when they went 94/58. Mine came 46-36-26, but maybe that was '93 (now I'm writing this, this group was 7 speed so I might be barking up the wrong tree) I'm sure someone will know. Here's a couple of pics of my M560s 64.7mm C-C = 110mm BCD. I think...

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

the black cranks of 1993, M560, where non compact, but from 1994 onwards were, and i believe they are M563.

Thanks for info.
The groupset is in my hands and almost all of it is practically NOS M560, when I really wanted M563/5.
It is destined for a late '94 Eldridge Grade, so technically the timelines are almost right for the frame it comes with. I just wanted 8 speed really.

Benandemu":3i60stf3 said:
Thanks for info.
The groupset is in my hands and almost all of it is practically NOS M560, when I really wanted M563/5.
It is destined for a late '94 Eldridge Grade, so technically the timelines are almost right for the frame it comes with. I just wanted 8 speed really.

The 1994 Eldridge Grade was 7 speed not 8 speed and used the M563-B cranks in compact drive. Believe it was 1995 groupset year that they switched to 8 speed.

Paul..

Thanks for info, but I remember the bike from new when it was 8 speed. The frame is old 1994 stock that was hanging around somewhere probably, but with early 1995 decals (early head badge) and sold as a 1995 with 8 speed LX. The groupset got upgraded throughout its life, and consequently the shifters vanished along with most of the LX components. Then it was decided to be used for local road use, restored to its former glory. The parts were sourced without the knowledge that they were slightly earlier.

Back