Lugged frame builders in the UK

Bob Jackson and Ellis Briggs haven't been in business for a while. AFAIK anyway.
Ellis Briggs are thriving, doing a fair volume of classic repairs.
Paul Gibson runs the business now & is considered by many as a master framebuilder.

Ellis Briggs are thriving, doing a fair volume of classic repairs.
Paul Gibson runs the business now & is considered by many as a master framebuilder.
Good to hear it. I'm sure they did close for a while but thankfully the name lives on. Are they still in Shipley?

Ellis Briggs do great social media and look well but have a couple of very negative reviews anyone got the genuine low down ?

Ellis Briggs do great social media and look well but have a couple of very negative reviews anyone got the genuine low down ?
I worked there with Paul for 2 weeks in Sept, learning how, from a master framebuilder, what I'd figured out how to do the hard way, over the last 40 years in the trade. I'd give Paul top marks in every regard - easy to work with, knows his stuff, beautiful workmanship, good tea & coffee! It's a framebuilder's frameshop, though, so don't go in expecting frills, with potted plants on the windowsill and a stripped pine welsh dresser in the corner, because the shop *is* the frame shop & completely utilitarian.

Good to hear it. I'm sure they did close for a while but thankfully the name lives on. Are they still in Shipley?
Yes, they are, though they've possibly moved from the old address that you might have known (depending on when / if you've visited) ... now at
20 Commercial St, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD18 3SP

Shand Cycles appears to have moved:

Shand Cycles UK Ltd
Unit 2
Francis Street
Foleshill
Coventry
CV6 5BS

Latest posts

Back