For Sale Lovely freshly hand built 26" wheels - DX / XT hubs

Captain Stupido

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
1758506B-99DE-4A0B-B784-54ADDA6F12D2.jpeg

Never ridden, only trial mounted on a few in-progress builds. I'll probably regret selling these but I've got way too much bike stuff not seeing any use so it's time for a clear-out. I built these around a very good (rebuilt with new bearings) pair of used hubs. The front is an earlyish XT (I think M730) and the rear is Deore DX (7 speed hyperglide, 135mm). I carefully polished the hubs so they look pretty much like new but logos are missing. Original QR skewers are included.

They were built up using a pair of brand new 36 hole Mach 1 er-10 rims (nice sturdy double wall rims, made in France), and new ACI Alpina stainless steel double butted spokes.

As you'd hope they are light, tight and true and run very smooth - way better than any factory built wheel. I'm not a pro, but I have built a few wheels now (trued and tensioned hundreds) and I'm confident these will be strong and reliable.

Priced at £95 the pair plus postage or collection from South Devon. If you want the tyres (brand new) in the picture I'd be happy to include them for an additional £20.

PM if you're interested or need more photos.

Latest posts

Back