love or hate it, Kona Kila-Honzo update 04/04/24 shiny stuff added!

i's say you are describing the 2020 Big Honzo ST

steel, modern geometry, it's 27+ though but you could run it 29er, it's green, i'd say that ticks alot of your boxes, but (hint) you may want to have a discussion about what bike you want on a thread you start ;)

honzo st.jpg

i's say you are describing the 2020 Big Honzo ST

steel, modern geometry, it's 27+ though but you could run it 29er, it's green, i'd say that ticks alot of your boxes, but (hint) you may want to have a discussion about what bike you want on a thread you start ;)

View attachment 598282
Can you still get one of these frames from Kona through your shop? I have a donor bike that would build this up quite nicely if an 18/19" frame could be had...

so i decided to take the KH out today, i wanted to do a mainly gravel ride and it's been dry here for a week or so and i fancied riding something a little more shiny than my winter fat bike so i pulled this out. it's had a few changes since i built it, mainly because as it was it was very similar to the build of my P7, hardtail, 27+, 140mm fork, but it felt so different to the P7, much more XC, so i've gone down that route with it, it has Spd pedals as opposed to flatties, wheels swapped for 29er, more xc tyres, i also swapped the XT shifter etc off for Sram wireless, i just wasn't happy with the XT shift. i also fitted the SQ Lab inner bar ends, great for climbing in the saddle (retro style?) there might be some more changes coming, i might fit a magura wireless seatpost as the dropper cable seems odd now there isn't a gear cable! and i'm looking at doing Industry 9 wheels at the shop so i msay fit a pair of them if i do get them, we'll see

just under 3o miles though, reasonably clean ride

:)

kh1.1.jpg

kh1.2.jpg

kh1.3.jpg kh1.4.jpg

Opinions of sram changing or just all you could get at short notice? Hated sram from the moment I "upgraded" to gripshit BITD and it's just always seemed (in my eyes) the same kind of cheap/tacky/plasticky even their high end stuff somehow.

Gorgeous build nonetheless loving the original get-up mostly but the 29er version looks cool too

@kyle888 it has a sort of sticker thing, no chips yet though but yes i should put one on.

@Ren Rawbor obvs i originally built the bike with shimano 12 speed but i just wasn't happy with the shifting, i'd set up a customer on AXS, something i wasn't fussed about at all, i generally have a low opinion of Sram but i thought i'd give it a try, to be fair the shift is really good and i like the lack of cable, i'm probably gonna fit a wireless post to tidy it up more

Stubbies...on the inside?

nervous-icegif.gif

Back