Looking for Koga Miyata Terrarunner (1992) specs

Jourian

Retro Guru
Hello,

I recently bought a very nice Koga Miyata Terrarunner (1992). I want to restore the bike in its original condition, as it is still in very good condition. Anyone knows where the find a full spec list of this bike?

The Koga catalogue of the respective year only shows the bike, without specs, unfortunately.

Thanks voor reading,

JL

Attachments

• IMG-20211019-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20211019-WA0001.jpeg
    389.1 KB · Views: 46
Nice. I do have the same. I doubt whether I have a spec list, but I can tell you what is original.

From what I can see in your pic not original are:
- seat
- tires
- rings
- crank bolts
- bar ends
- bell

The cockpit with Syncros handlebar, grab-on grips and Ritchey Force Comp (by Nitto) is original. I think I see the Ritchey/Nitto stem on your bike.
Deore DX is original spec: hubs in black, low profile brakes in black, cranks/rings in black, rear mech, STI's rapidfire plus, headset and bottom bracket
cranks bolts: traditional (6 flats) with chrome plastic DX covers
front mech is not DX, but pretty sure what is on your bike is what originally came on your bike
A STI adjuster on the monostay is orginal.
Wheels: Continental Baja 1.9 foldable, Mavic M231, Hoshi spokes, black DX hubs and DX QR's
San Marco seat, leather with Koga Miyata printed in both sides, don't know the model
Sakae TCO post 28.6
The cages I see are original, Cobra bottles

Looks like your bike has the stainless steel Miyata anti chain suck plate. I do not know whether all came with that, but nice to have.

Good alternatives for the tires and seat on your bike are Panaracer Dart and Smoke foldable with skinwall and San Marco Rolls in black.

Thanks for the detailed description! Very cool bike!

I have contacted Koga today. They replied quite fast, but they didn't have any specifications on the bike.

So your description is very useful. I think you are right for most of the parts. Seat is a Specialized Alias 143 from 2007 and barends are Onza. It came with XT shifters (ST-M095) so that's a nice upgrade. Original chainrings are replaced by TA Specialties rings.

What about the original cassette and pedals?

Just gave the parts a good bath :)

Attachments

• 16349266873987486388387270591862.jpg
    16349266873987486388387270591862.jpg
    749.7 KB · Views: 18
Possibly the ST-M095 were original. Cassette and chain: something like HG70. Shimano for sure.

Treatment of the frame: watch out with the decals. Once there is a chip it can go very fast. Personally I always paint them over with clear enamel and 00 pencil for extra protection. Koga-Miyata paint (of this era) is very good quality. Personally I use a mild cleaning compound and a wax for protection and like new shine. After having cleaned the frame of course.

Found some scans of original spec list!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211124-213538.png
    Screenshot_20211124-213538.png
    449.1 KB · Views: 23
My not so original 1992 Koga Miyata TerraRunner

View attachment 578540
Maybe weird question? if its possible to send me some high qulity pics off the decals .gone try to make them myself .but than i need high ppi photos😅👌 i ordered a portable scanner to duplicate the ones from other bikes with only a bit missing.butt this one is f……! 😂😂 its not the best quility bike but the paint can i rescue the most,luckly no chips only scratches.
a set is expensive and not available for every model.thnx maybe you can help me out🙏👍👌👌 nice bike btw👍👍👍💪🏻

Back