Looking for a retro Howies advert circa '98 ish

unkleGsif

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
There was Howies ad in MBUK back in the day that I have scoured the internet for, but to no avail.
It was of a path through a park with the usual council fun-sponge painted warning "No Cycling-No Skating", under which someone had chalked, "No point living!"

Like I say, many hours of net trawling over the years has drawn a blank, as has contacting Howies direct and asking them. Apparently they don't keep artwork very long
I thought that one of the mag collectors on here may know of it and scan/photograph it possibly...

Does it chime with anyone's memory banks?

G

I've got all the MBUKs from 1997, 1998 and 1999 so I will have a look and see if it's in there. I should be able to sort you out tonight if it's there but I won't be able to scan it in till tomorrow if that's ok?

Re:

Thinking about where I was living at the time, it could be 99/00 also....

Thanks for looking guys. Still holding out hope

G

Re:

Here it is, hopefully it's as you remember. It's a double page ad so I'm not going to be able to scan it I'm afraid. It's in the March 1999 edition of MBUK but it could well be in a few more, I stopped once I'd found it!

Attachments

• Smaller Howies pic.jpg
    Smaller Howies pic.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 625
Re:

Its in Dirt and Grip mags from that time as well

I'll try and have a look later to see if I can find one as I know there were some on 1 page....

Back