Look Mi90 “Quadrex” - VTT tout Français

Thank you sooo much, ibbz! I really appreciate. I was after one of these myself so this is really heaven sent. Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to buy the Mavic parts you already scored from you, nor to buy a Campa Euclid groupset (I believe that's how the bike was sold back in the nineties) so most likely, I'll put the XT groupset on it that is in my spares. And as promised, I'll start a build thread.

In fact, I appreciate the gesture (of giving it away) so much that I will donate one of my frames to someone on RB myself. It's not as nice as this one and it needs a respray but I believe there must be someone out there who'll be happy with an early nineties Orange Prestige frame.

WimVDD":30kmicxi said:
Thank you sooo much, ibbz! I really appreciate. I was after one of these myself so this is really heaven sent. Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to buy the Mavic parts you already scored from you, nor to buy a Campa Euclid groupset (I believe that's how the bike was sold back in the nineties) so most likely, I'll put the XT groupset on it that is in my spares. And as promised, I'll start a build thread.

In fact, I appreciate the gesture (of giving it away) so much that I will donate one of my frames to someone on RB myself. It's not as nice as this one and it needs a respray but I believe there must be someone out there who'll be happy with an early nineties Orange Prestige frame.
You’re welcome my friend. I look forward to it and it is a good gesture to karma a frame - I gave a full Sus Raleigh RSP frame away after Sinnerman sent me the Look.

Sad news! Agreed this is an expensive and long endeavor and you did go for the full mavic which wasn't going to be cheap!

Re:

For the stem
There’s that Belleri on ebay. Not a lot of french maker for stem and handlebar. Belleri was a rare one. And NK for handle bar.
For brakes, very very hard to find CLB lever and Caliper with Saturn3. Sachs cantilever were made by Modolo. Mavic never made mtb brakes :facepalm:

That’s gorgeous Wim - love the way you’ve set her up and the choice - and the dash of lime

That’s gorgeous Wim - love the way you’ve set her up and the choice - and the dash of lime
Thanks Ibbz! Now I found a fitting seatpost, all I need is dry weather so I can take her out for a decent ride. Didn't manage to so far.

Back