Loft finds.

KarlH

Retro Newbie
Found these 2 beasts in my grandads loft with a few other bits and bobs would love some real opinions on them from anyone who may know somthing other than people on Facebook just saying "price?"
First is Joe waugh - all I know
Second is Fast Eddy Prototype carbon - all I know
If anyone knows anything please let me know, would love a chat about them
20210901_163332.jpg IMG-20210831-WA0006.jpeg

All I found in my loft was a bonk bag! I take it your Grandad was a committed cyclist? They're both good looking machines and the Fast Eddy carbon is intriguing.

All I found in my loft was a bonk bag! I take it your Grandad was a committed cyclist? They're both good looking machines and the Fast Eddy carbon is intriguing.
He was but unsure of any clubs or races if he ever joined, just for the love of it I think.
Yeah can't seem to find much info on the fast eddy

The Fast Eddy (Eddie?) prototype reminds me of the Vitus ZX1 carbon frames in the shape and cable routing.

The Joe Waugh would be from Joe's M. Steel Cycles shop in Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne (now shut) and would probably be mid eighties-mid nineties, various Reynolds tubesets . Many of the frames were built by Dave Yates (road frames of the period carried the Joe Waugh name and MTB carried Dave Yates), the top of seat stay & fork crown details look to be pantos which is a good sign of the spec, take a look at the BB shell, if it is a Cinelli spoiler that would suggest a race-ish frame rather than a plain tube threaded shell which were more typical of the tourer/commuter frames.

Hey, I spotted a match for your Fast Eddy carbon frame being discussed on a Facebook group for unusual/non diamond frames.
It's an Asita, a mid 1990s Taiwanese frame that seems to have been rebranded and sold in a few different guises. There's not much out there on them but at least you have a name!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211108-223810__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20211108-223810__01.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 7
Back