Lincolnshire and the East Riding.

roadking":2gxr859v said:
Question,

and not too difficult !

Does anyone on this forum actually ride a bicycle in Lincolnshire or the East Riding (that's Yorkshire btw) ?

Roadking.

I will be once I’ve built a fresh bike. Had a few years out now and I’m recovering from a kidney transplant.

I live in Market Rasen so the Lincs Wolds are my patch and I’m also looking for some rides and folks to ride with once I’ve recovered and finished the build!

Cheers

Steve

I tried and tried for years to get interest in South Yorkshire but eventually gave up. Shortly after that my life took several odd turns which saw me back off the cycling. I did carry on the collecting and renovating / restoration and I do plan to get back in the saddle soon. I just couldn't get anyone to come to the area to ride, save for two rides I organised on the Trans Pennine Trail. Those were fun but a few mentioned them being a little boring due to the lack of hills etc. There are plenty of cross country routes I think but it's a little flat, much like the east coast area. If I thought there would be interest it would spur me on to get out and look for rides but I'm sure it'll go nowhere.

I keep myself busy on the forum by looking for Ebay stuff to put on everyone's radar and I help out where I can with queries.

Re:

The rides down the south yorkshire valley where really nice and the small trails centrey place around the large lake was good lasttime went (incl the boating).

but it's been a while for a lot of us,.even up 'ere north of the Humber.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":epmn1q7m said:
The rides down the south yorkshire valley where really nice and the small trails centrey place around the large lake was good lasttime went (incl the boating).

but it's been a while for a lot of us,.even up 'ere north of the Humber.

After this craziness is over, we really should do something... maybe in the “Great Wolds valley” ?

Lots of pubs along the way.....

If you want flat.....ride where i live. The land doesn't go up and down by more than a couple of feet for nearly 30 miles. But believe it or not it can be very tiring as you can never freewheel, put it is nearly always windy.

I'm possibly up for some kind of ride.

Peachy!":1j7pg8lc said:
After this craziness is over, we really should do something... maybe in the “Great Wolds valley” ?

I like the sound of that, probably alot like the valleys around millington area which were nice when we did a couple of rides that way on before!

I only work down the road from you in Cranny, I've actually bought a road bike just to keep on getting out whilst on furlough and done a good chunk of 500 miles in the last month!

Looking forward to hitting the trails again, although I only ride modern now lol

The north yorkshire region area always seems to put on some really good monthly rides on so it's worth having a look in there as I've been doing all their recent rides and they have been absolutely spot on!

Spudly":20wkhmmu said:
Peachy!":20wkhmmu said:

I like the sound of that, probably alot like the valleys around millington area which were nice when we did a couple of rides that way on before!

I only work down the road from you in Cranny, I've actually bought a road bike just to keep on getting out whilst on furlough and done a good chunk of 500 miles in the last month!

Looking forward to hitting the trails again, although I only ride modern now lol

The north yorkshire region area always seems to put on some really good monthly rides on so it's worth having a look in there as I've been doing all their recent rides and they have been absolutely spot on!

You can be responsible for bring the start-line sausage sandwiches from the Cranny farm shop! ;)
Oh and don’t worry about the modern bike…always brings a smile on the old folks faces…. :LOL:

Peachy!":1zsvu39j said:
You can be responsible for bring the start-line sausage sandwiches from the Cranny farm shop! ;)
Oh and don’t worry about the modern bike…always brings a smile on the old folks faces…. :LOL:

Oh I wish they would hurry up and open again, not had one of those in ages now :LOL:

I love my modern hardtail, couldn't be without it now :D

Back