Levers for V brake and U brake

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":3mtgd69f said:
could you not just find a pair of these and use the pull adjustment feature?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-Deor ... SwKrJe~0Qs

I looked at it with m600 levers. Don't think so, as levers designed for v brakes so rock solid brake with canti / U and on the high setting (for experienced rides) makes worse, so I wouldn't do especially not for 12 year old.

The other thought if the V's mount ok on stays at right distance is to use separate cable guides and just bypass routing around seatpost and usual v and levers on front.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks too many oranges - interestingly the pair you linked to work our more expensive than the brand new tiagras I’ve ordered, but good to know.

And in actual fact I think I may have some somewhere :facepalm:

2manyoranges":1qgv37ua said:
For future reference, you can use Avid Speed Dials, which enable different reach to be dialled in f and r, from cant to V - used them on a build which had Vs on the front and a U brake on the back...

see
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/224053054943?c ... gKPMPD_BwE

They dont work with cantilevers, not even on a damp Tuesday.

I can let go of a pair of Tektro MT1.0 which do both Canti and V-brake. Postage from France, so may not be worth it.

There was an old thread about this a while ago.......rummages.......found:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=393523

Latest posts

Back