late '92 CB Oracle, village runabout for the kids

Re: '94 CB Oracle, Help needed with Altus C10 changer service

Glad it worked out for you, think it’s only right after your hard work she cleans the bike ;)

Re: ‘92,’93 or ‘94 CB Oracle, village runabout for the kids

Possibly last post for this one....

So after a good clean (yes I ended up doing it) :? :facepalm: I realised the stamps on the mechs pointed towards 1990 & 1991 and the crank 1994 *EDIT, no it doesnt, my mistake its OH so August '90* .
It's not shown in the '91 catalouge, I do wish the 1992, ‘93 & ‘94 catalogues would surface.

Anyway, after a quick test ride around the village, Miss Peachy reported all in the positive except she didn’t like the tyres :facepalm: and asked after a pair on skin walls she seen hanging up in the workshop... these had been given to me FOC when I bought some house clearance stuff so I was quite happy for her to use them, especially as this bike will most likely only get used by her friends to buzz around the village.
So butchers bill in the end was;
Bike - £10
New gear cable inners - £4
Brake pads - used from the spares cupboard (no cost)
Black soft grips - £3 (Claud Butler stamped originals removed for my Pagan)
Black BMX style pedals - scrap bin
Halo skin wall road tyres - spares cupboard (no cost)

Attachments

• D4D3BE70-0BA2-469A-95B0-4ADB2272B21C.jpeg
    D4D3BE70-0BA2-469A-95B0-4ADB2272B21C.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 309
Re:

I think she was right about the tyres. It looks very presentable for village duties now. Good job.

(However, before long, the dark day will arrive when it's not one of your bikes she wants but your car! You might have set a precedent here. ;))

Re: Re:

CassidyAce":zq8t3agt said:
I think she was right about the tyres. It looks very presentable for village duties now. Good job.

(However, before long, the dark day will arrive when it's not one of your bikes she wants but your car! You might have set a precedent here. ;))

The other day I caught her looking at car reviews online.... I asked what she was doing and she replied, "looking at what car I should get when I'm in 6th form..."
I asked how she thought she might pay for a brand new Toyota?

I got a blank confussed look..... :shock:

Back