late 80s aluminium frames

LongboardSi

Senior Retro Guru
Who was making aluminium frames back in the late 80s?

Possibly got my eye on something mysterious (no name or history) with a (once) polished alloy frame, rear U-brake with the rear mech cable running through the brake post. Welds aren't filed smooth like Cannondale/Klein, the seat-tube isn't extended (like Klein's), it's about a 20" frame with a horizontal top tube and no really obvious distinguishing features. Right chainstay has two little dimples (crank and chainring clearance I presume), Seatstays join just below the top tube, and at the other end point to slightly above the rear axle at the dropout - that's about all I can think of as possible identifying features. Cables are all under the down tube, and guides don't appear to be slotted...

Any thoughts welcome...

Muddyfox Alu Pro 1989. I had one for a while, the candy pink model in 22" frame size, handled well but 1" headset a bit limiting.

velomaniac":1b8va9zt said:
Muddyfox Alu Pro 1989. I had one for a while, the candy pink model in 22" frame size, handled well but 1" headset a bit limiting.

I had an Explorer but always lusted after a pink Alu Pro. :cool:

Re:

Diamond Back Arrival maybe I had one in the white/blue smoke paintjob around 1989/1990 ish Had a proper old school triangular frame with quite upright seat stays
if its got exposed not fillet welding its probably Taiwanese manufacture so could be anything though

Back