L👀k a l👀k (not the sweets)

vincenth

Retro Guru
There’s not a lot of look mtbs around so I thought it would be nice to share this.

Saw this look mi60 on the local marketplace and couldnt resist. The paint and decals l👀k as good as it gets on a 32 year old frameset and the price was so good I couldnt l👀k the other way.
The bike is heavy as hell thanks to the 300gs parts and wheels so the goal is to shed some weight and see how it behaves on the local trails.
First thoughts are to add deore thumb shifters and a syncros bar/stem combo I have lying around.
Syncros parts would even make some sense as the frame was constructed in canada (correct me if Im wrong)

Attachments

• E72B255F-203A-493F-9442-B54CC8944A8E.png
    E72B255F-203A-493F-9442-B54CC8944A8E.png
    484.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 716AEDE0-AE8C-4187-957C-A80B9B3FF979.png
    716AEDE0-AE8C-4187-957C-A80B9B3FF979.png
    550 KB · Views: 36
  • FEF117D0-1094-4937-A7BB-FAC8EEB3751A.png
    FEF117D0-1094-4937-A7BB-FAC8EEB3751A.png
    493.5 KB · Views: 36
Looks like it’s had some use.
I like the look mountain bikes and their other bikes as a whole.

Please replace the sis thumbshifter🤢🤮

Nice, I had one of these and it’s one of the bikes I sold but kinda wish I kept. It rode really nice despite fairly low end components I added some XT brifters as the only mod, otherwise it was stock.
Good find and look forward to see how you get on.

I’ve always like the brand LOOK .
Keep the pics coming as it processes
So far I have changed saddle, bars, stem and wheelset and the bike already looks completely different. I might just sacrifice another bike and rebuild with mostly xt parts.
Hope to make some progress and take a couple pics over the weekend.

Looks like it’s had some use.
I like the look mountain bikes and their other bikes as a whole.

Please replace the sis thumbshifter🤢🤮
Will do, probably upgrade to xt thumbies.
I dont think the bike has seen that much use as the original odi grips are still in really good shape.

Nice, I had one of these and it’s one of the bikes I sold but kinda wish I kept. It rode really nice despite fairly low end components I added some XT brifters as the only mod, otherwise it was stock.
Good find and look forward to see how you get on.
Most brands use cheaper framesets on lower end bikes which makes upgrading not really worthwile but the lower end bikes from look are definitely an exception to the rule.

Back