Kryptonite - the Clark Kent Ti Build

Prodigal Son":4vmz86uf said:
sinnerman":4vmz86uf said:
I would have thought the fork was the kryptonite to the Clark Kent Frame surely...? Over weight and under performing when compared to other options for such a cool Ti-Frame.

Good Score though. :cool:

Which options? I am looking to either service or replace mine and could use some ideas. 80mm max travel and v brake ready.

Sid was always my favourite bitd. Followed by Pace.

sinnerman":1t8iksn9 said:
Prodigal Son":1t8iksn9 said:
sinnerman":1t8iksn9 said:
I would have thought the fork was the kryptonite to the Clark Kent Frame surely...? Over weight and under performing when compared to other options for such a cool Ti-Frame.

Good Score though. :cool:

Which options? I am looking to either service or replace mine and could use some ideas. 80mm max travel and v brake ready.

Sid was always my favourite bitd. Followed by Pace.

Now those Sids are 20 yr old. Air forks... needing new seals etc... Fox air forks have a very good rep. Never used them. Hard to find w/ v brake pivots.

Blimey, everything is 20 years plus years of age on here, if that was a worry we would all be Fcuked. Im sure there are still some cheap and serviceable sids out there, and even some NOS pop up from time to time.

Ref Fox, i guess it depends on the build and what your putting it on, they can look too modern for most builds i have found. I might have a set in grey with blue decals 80mm but i cant remember if they have disc tabs only or if they have canti mounts too. I have a look tomorrow for you.

sinnerman":29yrmjbx said:
Blimey, everything is 20 years plus years of age on here, if that was a worry we would all be Fcuked. Im sure there are still some cheap and serviceable sids out there, and even some NOS pop up from time to time.

Ref Fox, i guess it depends on the build and what your putting it on, they can look too modern for most builds i have found. I might have a set in grey with blue decals 80mm but i cant remember if they have disc tabs only or if they have canti mounts too. I have a look tomorrow for you.

Thx!

the kent started out with judy xc's but they just looked wrong and tbh judy's were never really great, I always felt they were a bit sludgy and noodly ... so when i found the bombers I fitted them. They work well despite being the same era.

I'm afraid after some pace forks snapped on me and put me in hospital with a huge dental bill I wouldnt touch them ever again. Shame as i thoguht they functioned well and supporting a uk company floated my boat but after surgery I changed my mind.

Back