Kona Sex-One

Re:

Looks cool - shame it was 2013 as the parts are even harder to get now.

Managed to get a rear shock from Amazon - not here yet but should be good.

Re:

Hi mate, Nice bike. I finished painting and renovating my Sex Too recently over the lockdown. I managed to source another Marzocchi A25 from eBay but for the life of me I can’t seem to pump it up. I have used my modern Rockshox pump, various hand pumps and car tyre pumps, which work but it wont let me unscrew/remove without it loosing air Pressure. Im needing a quick release connection small enough that will fit between the pump and into the valve. Both my shocks hold air but I just can’t keep it in...lol
Nice to see a modern Fox r32 on one of the comments on your post. So I’m quite interested in following that direction too. Ive also found out there is a company called ‘Risse Racing’ who will make you a rear shock to fit as well.
Hopefully you will have as much fun as I did renovating this awesome bike.
Rosco

Attachments

• F1CBD55F-3177-4A04-8465-AD39D28A9FD9.jpeg
    F1CBD55F-3177-4A04-8465-AD39D28A9FD9.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 541
  • EE168B3F-45D7-4BB6-848D-9EDCBA722791.jpeg
    EE168B3F-45D7-4BB6-848D-9EDCBA722791.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 541
  • 0C041B50-6C0C-4AD1-8105-EA74076B2E74.jpeg
    0C041B50-6C0C-4AD1-8105-EA74076B2E74.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 541
Your bike looks superb. I found the A25 on Amazon the other dau so I have bought. Your comment about the air valve is quite concerning.

I have also found Risse and emailed them yesterday asking what they can offer - no reply yet but they are pricey looking at the website - might be the only route.

I haven't managed to find a R32 shock anywhere. The post with that in was done in 2013 so I think some of those parts were old even then. Interested to know how you get on

Have a custom linkage made to allow a longer shock to fit. That way you can also tweak the travel and geometry

Re:

Where? Do you know anyone that can do it?

Had thought about it but I know from my motorcycle track days that suspension is easy to get wrong and hard to get right

Just wondering where to get replacement decals from? Gave my bike a good clean last night and saw close up the various scratches and blemishes + the rear section has a few rust spots.

The current decals are mostly okay but are peeling and scratched in a cuple of spots.

Re: Re:

thundercatrider":eb84mjjm said:
Where? Do you know anyone that can do it?

Had thought about it but I know from my motorcycle track days that suspension is easy to get wrong and hard to get right

There are companies making custom linkages for modern bikes, maybe one of them would be interested enough to help you?

Obviously getting a modern shock to fit this frame wont be easy. The older FOX R23 is a good option. I also found this thread where someone is running a SID shock:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=254495

I think the take home is that a slightly longer 150mm shock with a 80/100mm travel fork should work out. Dont forget offset bushings give you a little bit of final adjustment on head angle and bb height.

thundercatrider":es1ah6zf said:
Just wondering where to get replacement decals from? Gave my bike a good clean last night and saw close up the various scratches and blemishes + the rear section has a few rust spots.

The current decals are mostly okay but are peeling and scratched in a cuple of spots.

Gil_m on here (retrodecals)

thundercatrider":28vbxh9j said:
Bottom bracket is a cheap and nasty unit which wasn't even done up properly. Now looking for something new and a bit bet quality. Currently a 68 x 118 unit so if anyone has any suggestions that would be appreciated. ...

I just bought a new one for around 10€!

thundercatrider":28vbxh9j said:
...Front shock re-furb - parts on order, ...

Are you looking for parts for the Marzocchi XCR (1996)?

Back