Kona Serial Number Lists: Hot: Ku: Titanium

Pipmeister

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I didn’t know the best time to do this, or indeed how to put this into words, but here goes;

To summarise; as this bloody awful disease progresses, I will be less able to contribute to the site.

Firstly, there is my general knowledge of all things Kona X.C., which it could be said isn’t quite so vital as maintaining the Kona Serial Number Lists.

------ ◊ ------​

We need someone who has the inclination and the wherewithal to manage the lists. The final details on how this will be administered on the Site are yet to be agreed, but it will be a big relief to know that my work up until now will at least be sustained, and hopefully any new additional Serial Numbers can be added to this Forum.

There are many Retrobike members out there, or indeed Internet Browsers who may bump into one of my threads, and merely ask a question regarding a 27-year-old Kona, or more importantly, request that a Frame’s Serial Number is added to the one of the appropriate Lists. The time has come however when this will need to be administered by someone else, as I am struggling to do so. Meanwhile, I can hopefully do the same for any Private Messages (Conversations) as they reach me.

------ ◊ ------​

You will need to watch out for an update here, but basically at some point, when someone would like to add a new Serial Number to one of the appropriate Lists, there will be instructions on how to do so.

Pip
If that didn't make a whole lot of sense, then it is an indication of where I am with regards to my current state of awareness (or how heavily I am medicated 🤪)

Last edited:
Re the last point, that's in hand.
Thanks Alasdair.

I am off to Malvern later this morning, and will be staying there for a time yet to be determined. I didn't know how this was going to pan out, but I have been given a Temporary Doctor there, who wants to meet me. I assume that I will also meet a Macmillan Nurse at some point. I have also been given an assortment of class A drugs, mostly which are preloaded Morphine injections to keep me comfortable, as well as a Line injection to keep up a slow release.

This is a bit scary for me now, but my Macmillan Nurse has tried to help me with keeping calm during this period.

I am taking a Computer, which I will be setting up today in the spare room that I will be "living" in. When I have an update, I will pop it up here.

Chat later.

Pip

Hi Pip, I'm not sure how much time needs to be dedicated to keeping the lists running and maintained but I'm more than happy to be involved in some part

Okaaay, just a quick update with regards to moving into Malvern, and in the longer term, how we are going to administer the Serial Number Lists.

A bit out of focus, but here is a picture taken from scrambling on my bed, and looking across at my Work Area - pretty cool I reckon :cool: :

Pip at Malvern 020322.jpg

I am hoping that it will be as simple as to give my Log On Password to those who are in a position to help, and they will in turn be able to add an entry and Serial Number to one of the Lists. e.g. -

KU9702052 - 19” 1997 cable routing, 1997 decals – Purple with Yellow Polkadots – welded ‘97 February number 52.

1997 Ku 19 KU9702052_6.JPG

Pip

Pip,

I've been a lurker and have never posted, but I wanted you to know I've read your Score build post multiple time and keep referring back to it. I wanted you to see my collection and know that, like you, I'm a big Kona fan, and have enjoyed your posts immensely. I especially enjoyed your write up on the Score.

Here's my collection:

Warm regards.

Back