For Sale Kona Muni-Mula 18" frame + Duke forks & a few bits.

OK! Thanks again for helping me out. I hope the frame isn't too pricey. I need to be able to justify it to my wife...(she's not as nostalgic as I am towards bikes...lol). Just message me when you get the costs figured out and fingers crossed we can make a deal. Thanks again,

Pete

Cost of postage prohibitive I think. Royal Mail surface mail is only up to 2 kg & other carriers seem to want hundreds.

One option might be listing it on eBay and selling via their global shipping programme. Less hassle to sender (they only have to ship it to a UK depot), and both guaranteed to get money back etc if they lose it.

Cost of postage prohibitive I think. Royal Mail surface mail is only up to 2 kg & other carriers seem to want hundreds.
That's disappointing, I really can't seem to find this bike anywhere close to me. Did you ever come up with a price for the frame? I might still see if there's a way through this if the frame price is fair. I'm not ready to give up just yet.

I did wonder about the ebay gsp option as suggested above (thanks greencat). I'd prefer to list it on an 80% off fees weekend which come along regularly otherwise I'd lose about 13% of the sale price. Still much hassle for me though in splitting a perfectly good complete bike (it was the Kona frame I wanted to shift!) so I think I would have to get £140 for the frame incl headset to cover my ebay fees & the cost of shipping to the UK address (about £20 together?)

That's OK with me. I'm not sure how the ebay shipping all works but if there is a way for me to get it for £140 then I am OK paying that. I know you didn't want to part out the bike and honestly if I lived anywhere close to you then I would take the whole bike. How does the ebay option work? Would you just list the bike and then I would click "buy it now" as the option? Just let me know how it all works. My ebay name is Zippypete74 if you need it. Thanks again,

Pete

I list it on a buy it now, you snap it up &, as far as I know, because you are outside the UK, the global shipping programme kicks in automatically so I only need send to a UK depot. However, having never purchased under that system I don't know whether ebay charges the purchaser the ongoing delivery fee. I would think they must have to or they would be well out of pocket. I think the onus has to be on you to find this out & see if it is still economically viable as I would only be only responsible for getting the item to the UK depot.

That's right @jimbo-xc eBay will display the ongoing courier/customs fee on the listing according to the purchaser's location. They will probably be hefty @Bizango74 but at least you will know what they all are upfront.

I have had success in sending things as far as Australia using it.

Most helpful thanks, thought that must be it. I wonder if you can find out the cost in advance Pete as it might be a killer.

I list it on a buy it now, you snap it up &, as far as I know, because you are outside the UK, the global shipping programme kicks in automatically so I only need send to a UK depot. However, having never purchased under that system I don't know whether ebay charges the purchaser the ongoing delivery fee. I would think they must have to or they would be well out of pocket. I think the onus has to be on you to find this out & see if it is still economically viable as I would only be only responsible for getting the item to the UK depot.
Sounds good, I will do a little homework

Back