Kona Kapu 1997

Re:

Great to see the 'new' 96' arrival finally arrive in the Uk with all that Campag kit ready for transplant! Very cool to read that it has the original roadie velocity stem with bung too - I didn't know such a thing even existed! Are those the original pedals?

A Haole came up around 3/4 years ago in my size that I was debating on buying. Beautiful machine too. I still think about it now! :roll:

It's a 58cm.

Alasdair, care to throw out the price your looking for on here or prefer to keep that to PM's?

As I said on an earlier post somewhere: this frameset builds up better than any other 20+ yr old frameset with modern components because it actually looks like modern steel (albeit skinny tubed) when you do it with the tall head tube and sloped top tube.

I'd post pics of the current state of my Kapu but al-onestare would have a coronary.

FlimFlamVanHam":1veoo6tz said:
It's a 58cm.

Alasdair, care to throw out the price your looking for on here or prefer to keep that to PM's?

As I said on an earlier post somewhere: this frameset builds up better than any other 20+ yr old frameset with modern components because it actually looks like modern steel (albeit skinny tubed) when you do it with the tall head tube and sloped top tube.

I'd post pics of the current state of my Kapu but al-onestare would have a coronary.

You have PM, let me know if you haven't received it.

The ex-Haole forks (and stem for the colour match) are heading to Argos to get in a loooooong queue. Currently looking at March 2021!

Does anyone know the type of BB tool I need to remove the Campy BB?

Yeah got it, but was only curious, no real interest, plus it's a size too big.

Tool is same a Park BBT-4. Search for a "6 notch campaganolo bb tool".

al-onestare":4sstrdrt said:
FlimFlamVanHam":4sstrdrt said:
It's a 58cm.

You have PM, let me know if you haven't received it.

The ex-Haole forks (and stem for the colour match) are heading to Argos to get in a loooooong queue. Currently looking at March 2021!

Does anyone know the type of BB tool I need to remove the Campy BB?

I actually think I have one I got in a parts deal with some other stuff. I have zero need for it. I'm away for work a couple days. I'll check when I get home. You can have it.

Re:

Got to work stripping down the '96 Kapu, that Veloce kit is uber-nice and will clean up well.

When I removed the forks I felt like Howard Carter "discovering" Tutankhamun...

xfPo1F.jpg

oMeCPR.jpg

4ikuHE.jpg

Is the reference to 210 anything to do with the SN?

TnCnxy.jpg

PUNYFV.jpg

And if there was any doubt about it's age:

k9YEWG.jpg

Answers on a postcard what the SB stands for:

WWDy4o.jpg

Any chance 210 is the length of the steerer tube? looks a lot longer than that though

I haven't forgotten to look for that tool, i just remembered its still in my car at work. Ill check tomorrow

Back