Kona Hot Serial Number List - update 18/03/24

Thank you for these two.

Your wife's frame with Serial Number TET 1245 will be a 1994 Tom Teesdale built frame, and I am intrigued about your 1998 frame.

As you can see, we only have nine 1998 models on the list. If it's an Enigma frame, there will be no Chain Stay Bridge down by the Bottom Bracket, whereas the few Hodaka frames that were built do have the Bridge.

Are you able to post a picture showing the Serial Numbers of them, and hopefully some pictures of your bike?

Cheers,

Pip

Thank you for these two.

Your wife's frame with Serial Number TET 1245 will be a 1994 Tom Teesdale built frame, and I am intrigued about your 1998 frame.

As you can see, we only have nine 1998 models on the list. If it's an Enigma frame, there will be no Chain Stay Bridge down by the Bottom Bracket, whereas the few Hodaka frames that were built do have the Bridge.

Are you able to post a picture showing the Serial Numbers of them, and hopefully some pictures of your bike?

Cheers,

Pip
I updated her post with serial # as I made an error trying to post inline first.

Mine is likely an Enigma frame as I don't recall a bridge

Thank you very much. I will add the Tom Teesdale frame to the list soon, and look forward to some picture of yours when you contact your cousin.

Pip

Mine is a 19" 1998 853 white, original paint. I'll have to get other details as it is on loan to my cousin...

Rightyho, I am very much looking forward to adding your White 1998 Hot to the list when you get some details for it. Meanwhile I have updated the Hot Serial Number List with your wife's bike:
TET1245 – 16” 1994 Metallic Green (original colour unknown) all Top Tube cable routing & and Disc Mount added - No Triangle cut-out Dropout.

If you know the original colour, I can add that too - and perhaps you could conform that I have guessed the correct frame size.

Cheers.

Pip

Some detail on TET 040, as built when I bought it. 19" frame. Original paint. Thinking about an XC Pro build but BB is firmly in there so might need to go XT depending on BB length. Will put RC30 legs in the crown. They're pretty scruffy but it's a rider not a garage queen.

Attachments

• IMG_0365.JPG
    IMG_0365.JPG
    695.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    452.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    408.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    362.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    348.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    326.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    275.7 KB · Views: 18
Thank you very much for the excellent pictures, which I will add to my records. The Red is a bold colour, and would certainly have been an head turner for the new owner in 1991.

I have updated the Serial Number List with the details of your frame.

Cheers,

Pip

Last edited:
Some detail on TET 040, as built when I bought it. 19" frame. Original paint. Thinking about an XC Pro build but BB is firmly in there so might need to go XT depending on BB length. Will put RC30 legs in the crown. They're pretty scruffy but it's a rider not a garage queen.
Great to see an early one like this and in good condition.

Back