Kona Hot Serial Number List - update 18/03/24

BUMP

Important update on page 1 concerning the future of this thread and registry

200.gif

And yes, I know I need to go back and check the last few months are on the list so please bare with me 😚

Newly added:

TET 295
TET 575
TET 609
TET 635
TET 1078

Really nice to see some more 93's including another sporting 94 decals.

We also got wind of an Enigma Black Hot with green flames, but sadly no SN.

Feels odd doing this instead of Pip, so I really hope I got them right!

Last edited:
We haven't seen or found any new Hot's recently until this absolute pristine 97 Hot arrived on the social media scene a few weeks back. Sadly we don't have a SN but you'll rarely see a frame of this quality in that sort of condition. Furthermore, the colour, whilst fairly normal, is unusual for a Hot at this time. You could chose anything so folks usually went to town. To see one in gloss red, no metallic, is actually pretty neat and it really makes the yellow decals pop. Park the components for now, and enjoy that frame 😘 😘 😘

sQaMsb.jpg

Hurray! We have a new TET addition:

tempimagedcrzxs-jpg.723499
Big thanks to @Ferghus

564524-931a4f38812a2c1020fa7f3ba1d04b70.jpg

To be close to the first 100 is super nice and she looks in great condition 👍 I like the Canadian motif on the seat-tube. Is it a decal or painted?

Hurray! We have a new TET addition:

tempimagedcrzxs-jpg.723499
Big thanks to @Ferghus

564524-931a4f38812a2c1020fa7f3ba1d04b70.jpg

To be close to the first 100 is super nice and she looks in great condition 👍 I like the Canadian motif on the seat-tube. Is it a decal or painted?
Thanks for posting and your efforts, Al ! The Canadian flag is a decal and was peeling so I just yanked it - oops !

Yes it is. Original shop decal on the Downtube too - Robson Cycles (Vancouver, B.C.) where many of these fine bikes were originally sold.

Nice, that is in good condition then. Do you know any history to the bike, thinking along the lines of the colour choice as mentioned above by Al.

Thanks - I was surprised by the condition of the paint also. No real history other than I just got it from a fellow who worked as
a bike mechanic in Victoria, B.C. in one of the long standing shops and he acquired it from a friend quite some time back.
No riveting details I'm afraid.

Just added:

TET 670 - 18" 1993 Metallic Blue (unclear if original paint) - Triangle cut-out Dropout. No Decals.

Was posted on the Kona Retro Community Facebook group, currently in a drop-bar conversion set-up. No SN or paint confirmation.

Back