Kona Cinder Cone Race Lite - Not sure of year?

IamAarron":2h1j7pt7 said:
Is this a rare-ish find? Just I cannot find any other Cinder Cone online in this model and colour etc

Well because it's a mid-season model there will be fewer of them than the stock gold version. Personally I prefer that colour, but this is also good, especially the contrast on the decals. It's not rare though in the grand scheme of things.

It doesn't need a re-spray and sourcing decals that are exactly the right size and shape is almost impossible. Unless you really don't like it, I'd recomend you keep it as is. Give it a full strip down, clean and lube, remove that nonsense on the bar, treat it to a proper saddle, think about some nicer v's or canti's and ride her.

The Cindercone's an awesome beauty.......because of the colour; it would be a sin to respray it. If you don't like it, sell it to someone who does. As others have said, 1996. The main colour was "Ganges green" (aka gold) and this was a half season colour change. I was working in a Kona dealer at the time and don't remember selling many pink ones ~ maybe about 10%.

That should clean up lovely. Was it stored in a sawmill :LOL:

Back