Klein identification

incy

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Does anyone know what year this is? It's for sale near me and I can work out if it's worth buying. No detail photos so it's difficult to see dropouts etc. Absolutely any info would be of use so fire away.

I'll see if I can get a serial number in the meantime.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210515-075707_Blocket.jpg
    Screenshot_20210515-075707_Blocket.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20210515-075654_Blocket.jpg
    Screenshot_20210515-075654_Blocket.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 39
It's a Klein from after Trek taking over and simplifying some of the features. So it's got a normal size headset. They produced standard models which is what the Comp bit is for. Nice bikes and still ride well but not a pure Klein. So prices are a lot lower.

It's a Klein from after Trek taking over and simplifying some of the features. So it's got a normal size headset. They produced standard models which is what the Comp bit is for. Nice bikes and still ride well but not a pure Klein. So prices are a lot lower.
Thanks Raumer. I appreciate the reply. 👍

What do you think it's worth? They're asking about €350. I know it's hard from those crap pics but they say it's in really good condition and it does come with wheels although I have no idea what wheels. 🤷🏼‍♂️

For a complete one that seems reasonable going by current prices. It's got a Syncros post for starters, can't tell what the brakes and derailleurs are. But assuming they are reasonable spec and the bike is in good condition then it sounds right. Have a look on ebay and search for Klein Attitude Comp. Especially completed listings, will give you an idea of what they are actually selling for near you. There are quite a few up for a lot of money but not selling.

Pretty sure it’s a 97 in the “burning sand” paint. Bontrager stem, Rockshox forks and LX crankset are standard equipment. Usually comes with avid levers and V brakes, xtr rear mech, xt front mech, xt shifters. Bontrager rims with LX hubs. Most had a Thompson seat post and a WTB saddle. Although I’m sure the spec was flexible depending on how much money you were prepared to spend in 1997?

Back