Klein Attitude

er ... you're right...no flag in the main picture...then it's there

he does acknowledge that there's been a mess up in the text beneath. Bit weird.

I've seen this bike for sale a few times over the years. Too many suspicious things wrong with it for my liking.

Onza chill pills were never standard, the USA flag on the top tube and some oaint missing on the headtube amongst over things...
Saddle, tyres, QR’s, rims, saddle binder, brake bolts...all these are not original equipment for this bike.

Looking at that top tube picture again with the flag, its not even the same bike!
Steel by the look of the welding and of course the giveaway is the welded cable stop instead of the left side internal cable routing which you wouldn’t see from this angle.

Saddle, tyres, QR’s, rims, saddle binder, brake bolts...all these are not original equipment for this bike.
You could buy a frame / fork and build yourself. That's how I bought my Fervor.
But you are correct about the cable stop, that is not a Klein.

I think the cable-stop/flag photo is in error - the other photos are Klein-esque.

I have had Kleins. They performed less well off road than some contemporary steel and Ti bikes of the same or less cost. I don’t get the crazy prices - although I acknowledge that finish and quixotic design features are attractive and have cache. Bontrager steel. Marin top end steel and ti far better. Let’s face it, the Murray Konas were stunning in performance. Kleins were (are) fragile (my down tube had an excellent crease in the downtube from a flint strike on ride two), too slack (horrible climbers in my view) and beat you up (although had lightning acceleration) on hard ground. By contrast, Marin steels of the time were long, could be steepened with in line posts, and with lovely Tange Prestige twangy ride. Far far better. Bontrager ... Race OR, Racelite ... lovely jubbly.

Back