Kettler Alu - Rad Safari Street Mountain Bike 1986

Synthiaks

Senior Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Its needs home....hope you can get it.

This would make such a great bikepacking/fishing trip workhorse, I'm currently working on a Roberts to fill that role, but honestly this would do the job better with much less work, and I could keep the Roberts for dry commutes etc. I messaged the seller to see if he will consider boxing it up, fingers crossed.

This would make such a great bikepacking/fishing trip workhorse, I'm currently working on a Roberts to fill that role, but honestly this would do the job better with much less work, and I could keep the Roberts for dry commutes etc. I messaged the seller to see if he will consider boxing it up, fingers crossed.

Good luck!

I've owned a couple of these over the years and sure, a lot of retro for the money but they are really very heavy indeed. The frames are in fact alloy but they were taking no risks with tube thickness back then. In fact, I 'think' they were solid.

I've owned a couple of these over the years and sure, a lot of retro for the money but they are really very heavy indeed. The frames are in fact alloy but they were taking no risks with tube thickness back then. In fact, I 'think' they were solid.
Thanks for the info, that's me out then, I don't mind well built and sturdy, but there is a point where it kills the ride, especially if you're looking to carry extra weight on top. A shame but I'm glad I didn't find out when I was trying to load it onto the train to bring it back.

Back