For Sale Kent Eriksen Splitting???

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Stunning Kent Eriksen mountainbike. I had this built for me in 2009 around a 140mm fork. Designed to be a hardcore hardtail of that time and based upon the Cove Hummer I had not long sold. 68 degree head angle. 73 degree seat angle Suit someone about 5'11" ft to 6'3" with a 32-35" ish inside leg. I would say it would definitely be considered more Trail than Hardcore these days.

Now let's talk about the craftmanship. It's stunning to look at. End of. This was from when Kent was winning all those awards at the NAHBS. I've got a Moots Womble these days and comparing them side by side I would say the Eriksen edges the Moots for its welding.

Frame Kent Eriksen
Fork Rockshox Revelation RCT3
Wheels Mavic 719 on Hope Pro 2 hubs
XTR M970 mechs and shifters
SRAM X0 Chainset with 2 Middleburn rings and 1 Shimano. Is BB30. I've got the removal and setting tools I'll include for this and a few spare bearings as well. Nothing wrong with the existing ones just now though.
Formula RO Brakes
Seatpost Kent Eriksen
Stem and seat binder Hope.
Bars Sunline
Headset Chris King.
Grips Specialized.
Tyres Maxxis Minion DHF and Holy Roller.
Saddle Old WTB that's been through the wars and needs replaced anyway. IMG_20230904_161304526_HDR.jpg

Points to note.
Although the forks have had a fairly easy life they could probably do with a service. As is the case with any 2nd hand bike. I found a very slight mark to one of the stanchions which I've tried to photograph.

The right hand XTR lever is very slightly bent upwards following a crash. Still works but have to be honest.

Chain has loads of life in it left. Not touching the 0.75 on my tool yet.
Cassette is in good order as is the rest of the drivetrain.

Price is £2300. PayPal you pay the fees or truth be told, collection/meeting up is preferred. I'm based in Glasgow but happy to travel a bit.

IMG_20230904_161131752_HDR.jpg IMG_20230904_161140494_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230904_161131752_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230904_161131752_HDR.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Awesome I ride a moots & some years back brought a Kent Eriksen frame over from USA for my Dad. Incredible fabrication and awesome details.

Am guessing this is a 26” wheel frame?

is there frame only price?

GLWS

Thank you and not at all. It's a Titanium bike with blue trimmings. Might not be to everyone's taste so I fully understand the frame only question.

Back