For Sale karma - 50's Raleigh

krankers

Senior Retro Guru
Looks rough in the picture, is rougher in the metal. Not sure if the paint is original, could have once been green but that would have been at least 45 years ago. Chrome is in pretty bad shape but rims are good, stainless I think I remember my dad saying. Rod front brake, dynamo light on front & some sort of seat arrangement that was surprisingly good at ferrying me or a sibling about.

Collection from Solihull B92 or it will be put out for the scrap man.

raleigh.jpg

At the very least, that child seat has to be saved! I bet there aren’t many more of those left, if any others at all. Just put it on eBay.

At the very least, that child seat has to be saved! I bet there aren’t many more of those left, if any others at all. Just put it on eBay.
My mum’s old Raleigh Robin Hood still has a very similar child seat, which I remember sitting in on the way to school as a five year old. At least once one of my shoes came into contact with the spokes, which was not particularly fun. I think it lost the arm rests at some point when the seat had an old shopping basket attached to it with bungees 😄.

Anyway, I hope someone rescues this. These old things have a lot of character.

Back