Just saying hello new member

Bianca old but gold

Retro Newbie
Hi all, I have ridden bikes all my life and remember when mountain bikes first entered the scene.
It wasn't long before I had my first, a falcon cycles my mum bought me out of the catalogue lol.
Over the time I've had a few but I can never forget the feeling of my first high end mountain bike I rode. It was a gt karakoram and it felt just right.
Livley and light it made me feel uber confident and I enjoyed it so much, unfortunately this wasn't mine and I had to give it back.
I did after this get a treck, it felt the same it was a chro molly steel one and I loved to ride it.
Unfortunately I out grew this and bought a gt pantera this was alloy and it was ok but not as nice as the steel one I had ridden before.
Or so I thought I carnt belive I never realised it wasn't the material it was made of but the wheel size and its geometry.
The later bike had 27.5 and of course the others 26.
I bought a carrera Cross bike and that had 700c wheels I hated it so got that up for sale now and bought a retro ride mountain bike, its a bianchi oetzi.
I love the way it feels its taken me back to my youth there's a few mods I'd like to do as I don't need it fully off road spec but I know I'll get some use from it as I love its ride.
I'd like to possibly change its forks for some solid carbon ones and remove the pace evo 2s
And make it just a higher geard nine speeder as its very flat were I live.
So hopefully I'll get reading some topics on how and what to get from this forum.
Here's a pic of her, bianca old but gold!!

Attachments

• 20230904_195144.jpg
    20230904_195144.jpg
    922.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230905_192429.jpg
    20230905_192429.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20230914_120123_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230914_120123_Samsung Internet.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 25
Had a ride out yesterday on the bike got the gears indexing perfectly very smooth and posative after a bit of adjustment.
I've got the forks set a little stiff so going to take them back to as they was.
I'm wanting to get a front pannier holder for my little dog so the for will have to go I think but loving it so far

Attachments

• 20230930_114302.jpg
    20230930_114302.jpg
    970.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230930_114336.jpg
    20230930_114336.jpg
    853 KB · Views: 13
Welcome :)
I'm originally from Halifax!
Hope you enjoy Retrobike 👍

Hi all, I have ridden bikes all my life and remember when mountain bikes first entered the scene.
It wasn't long before I had my first, a falcon cycles my mum bought me out of the catalogue lol.
Over the time I've had a few but I can never forget the feeling of my first high end mountain bike I rode. It was a gt karakoram and it felt just right.
Livley and light it made me feel uber confident and I enjoyed it so much, unfortunately this wasn't mine and I had to give it back.
I did after this get a treck, it felt the same it was a chro molly steel one and I loved to ride it.
Unfortunately I out grew this and bought a gt pantera this was alloy and it was ok but not as nice as the steel one I had ridden before.
Or so I thought I carnt belive I never realised it wasn't the material it was made of but the wheel size and its geometry.
The later bike had 27.5 and of course the others 26.
I bought a carrera Cross bike and that had 700c wheels I hated it so got that up for sale now and bought a retro ride mountain bike, its a bianchi oetzi.
I love the way it feels its taken me back to my youth there's a few mods I'd like to do as I don't need it fully off road spec but I know I'll get some use from it as I love its ride.
I'd like to possibly change its forks for some solid carbon ones and remove the pace evo 2s
And make it just a higher geard nine speeder as its very flat were I live.
So hopefully I'll get reading some topics on how and what to get from this forum.
Here's a pic of her, bianca old but gold!!
Welcome to the house Bianca good to hear from you

Latest posts

Back