Just gone into business

I've started a similar business relicing toilet paper. Same demographic for sales. šŸ¤£

Nice looking, but not for me, I'd prefer to spend the next twenty years getting it there for real (my p bass is getting there, so is the sunn mustang but thats closer to 40 years old).

Wish you all the luck though chopper, the market seems to be there if you can tap into it.

I really admire your craftsmanship on that late 60's Precision replica. "Grimelight" is a catchy name too, adds a unique spin to the branding. Based on your description, the pricing seems quite reasonable, especially considering the quality and dedication you're putting in.

If you're looking to get the word out and attract more customers, social media platforms are the way to go. From my personal experience, running ad campaigns on Instagram and Facebook has given me the most traction. That's where the bulk of my customers come from. To stay a step ahead, I've found it invaluable to see what my competitors are doing. I use AdSpy software to view their live ad campaigns. It provides great insight, allowing me to tweak and adjust my strategies accordingly.

Last edited:
True story time.
Must be over 10 years ago now when a workmate who was bass player in a band in the 60s told me he still had his old Fender bass and would I be interested (I play acoustic guitar) at Ā£600. I declined as it was very scruffy and I didn't know much about them.
I offered to put it in Ebay for him and it made Ā£1700!
He did "buy me a drink" though!
I'll see if I can find the pictures of it, but it's 3 computers ago so they may be lost.

I'm totally into that. We had a Gretsch semi acoustic bass many moons ago. Non of us could play and it had a damaged neck so we gave it to a friend who was starting a band. The next thing, it was showing up in music videos all over the place cos it was so beautiful. Teardrop Explodes was one I remember.

Back