Just bought a Carlton Giro

Hi Corsa, thanks for that clarification, I've found the T-Cut approach works well for me but I'll try the tin-foil approach at some point. One little query for the Carlton experts here, which "true" Carlton model was the top-of-the-range all 531 [or higher?] road bike? I would guess that post '81 the bikes become increasingly Raleigh?

I would not really know the answer to that but the one I might still be tempted by is the Team Professional MK3 or MK4 The MK5 is nice too but I fancy the victor seat stay configuration of the 3 or 4.
Having said that I rather like my little quirky collection.

I would not really know the answer to that but the one I might still be tempted by is the Team Professional MK3 or MK4 The MK5 is nice too but I fancy the victor seat stay configuration of the 3 or 4.
Having said that I rather like my little quirky collection.
Spent a few hours on research yesterday, if I were to pull the trigger.... a Super Course looks to meet my criteria best, obviously the team pro is top flight. Bit rare though.... I need to get my Wester Ross done before I think about it though. ;)

The Super Course came in different flavours over the years. The last version in the 1980 guise which is the one I have was all 531. It is a lovely bike to ride.

Attachments

• 1980-02-1074x1536.jpg
    1980-02-1074x1536.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 3
Of course. Somebody before I owned mine painted it pink, but actually it looks OK although it does match my wife's nail varnish (handy for chips!!)

Back