It's nice, but...

Ooooooh, look!!! If you zoom right in you can see that the 35 year old rubber is showing some signs of age :eek:

This bike is garage queen/concourse standard, in the current market you could get plenty for those tyres, rideable or not they look great, £100 anyone? £45 Probably more. And then you have the mint group set, £200? £50 More? The wheel set? another £150+ to the right buyer? £50 That stem? £50-75 £15, the bars? The grips? The saddle and seat post? The pedals? The frame and forks?

There's way more than £350 there just from the scavengers perspective, you get a couple of collectors or Muddy Fox enthusiasts in a bidding war there's £4-£500 easy.
I sold a super super mint MF recently for around £200 with better condition tyres and a better colour

mf9-jpg.525957

I sold a super super mint MF recently for around £200 with better condition tyres and a better colour

mf9-jpg.525957
Have you been on the bob martins....? The Moment Muddy Fox, went in the above direction, its was all down hill.., these later models have never been held in the same regard as the early bikes. but then you know this... ;)

Have you been on the bob martins....? The Moment Muddy Fox, went in the above direction, its was all down hill.., these later models have never been held in the same regard as the early bikes. but then you know this... ;)
So when was the sort of cut off year for the before and after M.Fox's?

So when was the sort of cut off year for the before and after M.Fox's?
I think the writing was on the wall when they read the market wrong, and started sticking paw print decals along the top tube and emblazing all there saddles with neon Paw prints too, the image was seen as less serious than other brands, more fashion led than say the Oranges of the world. Given they were using the same frame supplier for a while, its quite amazing to think just an advert and an image can make such a difference, and obviously many many many more players came to market.

Interesting, thanks Carl
Its only an observers opinion of the market at the time, remembering that Muddy Fox took the market by storm in the early days, alas it didnt take long for others to catch up.

as for the price, in these mad times we live in, something is only worth what someone is prepared to pay, my explorer was near NOS and all original and i think i gave £200 for it delivered. An expensive ornament as its only ever been ridden to the shops

Living out in the sticks BITD the grello Couriers were the top of the Muddy Fox range as far as we knew! It was only after joining Retrobike many years later that I heard of such exotics as the Courier Prestige and Prestige Pro. John Lewis department store was our nearest stockist and the grello Courier was the most expensive/furthest from the door.
The older Courier posted by the OP I think is on or around the money for what it is? Certainly seen a lot more expensive, I think the days of being able to snap up a bargain are over or at least at the end of a very long and patient wait. Everyone get sent a private offer on the Limited Edition last week?

Carl

This isnt a 'jamjar' courier and I dont understand the paw print remarks - this bike will have MF stickers on the chainrings ffs let alone Muddy Fox printed or decalled on just about everything else (I still have a chainring somewhere) and paw prints are on the stays!

The green Courier Comp was at least evocative of the early 1990's when EVERYTHING was flouro including Oranges which were pretty much identical for a short time

EVERYTHING!

And heres a better bicycle all round because its the original and its betterer because its better

scan0002-jpg.357614

this is / was mintierer and arguably a better equipped with higher quality parts than the 87 model

I still use the 130bcd chainset from my one

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Mark

There you are See, for all the spiel, you got it in the end....! And pictured it too.

And of course all muddy foxes have Paw prints on it, But you got the gist, it was the Model year of the range you posted when things started to slide. And it was image related. A little of something is fine, but too much can be too far, and with all the other brands taking there slice it had the adverse effect and didnt help there demise any more than the quality control.

But we all live in the Love, regardless.

Back