ISO BB with M900 cranks ? Help

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I know this has been covered to some extent before but search function isn’t my best friend.

the problem
I have M900 cranks to fit onto a bottom bracket in an Italian 70mm bottom
Bracket shell.

I am having some difficulty sourcing a good quality at a good price JIS spindle bottom bracket at the sizes required for an M900 which I believe is from 107 to 113mm

the solution?
There are however many choices of Campag and such Italian sized bottom brackets but they have an ISO spindle

Sheldon Brown states:
“...if you install a J.I.S. crank on an ISO spindle, it will wind up about 4.5 mm farther in than it would on a J.I.S spindle of the same length...”

so, IF I were to source and buy a decent Italian bottom bracket with ISO spindle - would I be able to successfully install it and fit the M900 cranks? And if so - what size will I be looking at instead of the 107-113. I assume I’ll have to get one with a spindle 4.5mm longer on each side?
Or should I abandon this and stick with tried and tested JIS and bide my time for something decent and affordable to turn up?

thanks

I have found these which would negate the use of the iso bottom bracket and enable me to stick to JIS - would these be suitable for an M900 - I know I’ve been told 107-113 but would 107 be potentially cutting it fine - seeing as I’d have to install the cranks to see - negating any possibility of a refund/exchange?

Or this

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
M900 cranks need 107mm with 68/70mm shell. 113mm for 73mm shell. 73mm is installed on my Manitou with full XTR.
And the 68mm is installed on my American CompLite, also full XTR.
For example, the BB-UN90/91 is only in 107 and 113mm available.

Thanks man
So the stronglight JP400 would be fine. ?

Back