"Isn't modern bicycle technology absolutely wonderful?"😍

I'm following someone who installed Cues drivetrain on his build. The metal in the derailleur is such low quality, that the screw hole for the B pivot adjuster simply snapped after less than 100 miles. The grain structure of the material is disgusting. To me, it is not superior to what it replaced 262373-IMG-0092.jpeg 262371-IMG-0090.jpeg 262372-IMG-0091.jpeg

Does the derailleur look misaligned or is that just the photo?
The tip of the b-adjuster also looks knocked.
20240412_133350.jpg
Perhaps it was damaged in transit?
Or my old eyes are squinting?

As a rule you totally get what you pay for with shimano, but they do make mistakes with new products.

Cues is quite cheap iirc, although the 1st number of the product code should tell us. 3? Alivio?

I'm following someone who installed Cues drivetrain on his build. The metal in the derailleur is such low quality, that the screw hole for the B pivot adjuster simply snapped after less than 100 miles. The grain structure of the material is disgusting. To me, it is not superior to what it replaced
The ah "grain structure of the material" is not really visible to the naked eye (unless its galvanised zinc metal sheeting). So no.
That's why it's called a "microstructure".
Yes the fracture surface is crystalline in appearance indicating that it is a brittle failure.
But you need to grind, sand smooth/flatten polish and etch the surface and look at is under a microscope to see the actual grains properly.😉

Does the derailleur look misaligned or is that just the photo?
It was a bike he made himself when he took a frame building class. There definitely could be alignment issues.
Cues is quite cheap iirc, although the 1st number of the product code should tell us. 3? Alivio?
He said it was 6000 series
"Other places online say the -6000 series is made in Indonesia while the -8000 series is made in Japan, and of higher quality. Only $15 more, so I can’t imagine a tremendous jump."

View attachment 838929
Our choice:
Smoothed stainless shimano inner, nice gentle curves in 5mm outer (sis-sp51) chromed end caps, and all assembled dry.

Those plastic caps distort fast, and the ones with the noses trap as much as they prevent.
4mm outer seems a fraction tighter.

Some of my colleagues love the superflexy Elvedes inner, but that might be more important on compulsory tight curves like road bike with cables under the tape
Thank you!

My latest aquisition will be pleased :LOL:

Back