Is Roox A 'Cool' Brand ?

I always thought of Roox as like an alternative mid-high end option, for people who wanted something a bit different.

I would say Roox kit is certainly cool, good-looking, well made, the Danny's stems were a favourite
http://cgi.ebay.de/ROOX-VORBAU-DANNYs-S ... 29ee283ae6

I have a XC Racing bar on my C16R, light 22.2 bar with a shim. Although it was quite light, it made me smile that the warranty for the XC Racing bar excluded any failure while racing or in competition. It's called standing behind your product. A long way behind.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Syncros, Ringle - that is Cool

Roox is a representative from an era when everything when, to me, everything went down hill

Roox is post-Cool

Very cool, I used to have a danny stem and have a roox seatpost on my dyna-tech :cool:

Let's see a pic of those bar ends you mentioned...

Cheers,

Chaser.

Elev12k":21dbpc4z said:
Roox is post-Cool
thats the way to describe it. nice (far east made?) solid stuff but not "in the league" with ringle, grafton, ct, bullseye asf. mainly because they started later and did not inovate?
they still have an online store btw.:
http://stores.shop.ebay.de/gueser66__W0QQ_armrsZ1

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Xesh":1l6peyyp said:
Caramba Kid":1l6peyyp said:
......Still on the lookout for a set of XC cranks.

They're the ones with the triangular hole in them aren't they?

Like these?

These are WRA, but are the same as Roox

chainset.jpg

I'd never heard of them, so what's the history. What years etc. I see they have a website still.
www.roox.at

Ok 1993 their site says, cannot have been very big or good over here back then.

All Roox products are made in Europe, most still in their original facilities in Austria. So their website says.

I had a couple of S4 seatposts back in around 1997, and they were great, and available in A LOT of different sizes. They even still make a 30.4 mm post for old Specialized steel frames! :shock:

Back