Is it possible to ID this Bottecchia

Campy Rider

Retro Newbie
I'm trying to ID this Bottecchia frame and get an idea of it's date range and model. It's from an eBay auction that I made a bid on and won. Even if it's a low end model It's ok for my needs as I'm building up my first ground up retro build over the winter. I'd like to restore it to it's original paint scheme with the correct decals and would like some help if possible.

I'm also new here, so if this isn't the right forum I apologize.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg

I'd guess late '70s/early '80s. Aelle wasn't around before about '78, and if the frame was much later, you'd expect it to have under-bracket cable runs, and counterbores for allen key brakes. Can't quite tell from the photos whether it has counterbores or not.

It looks Italian, mid 70s to me, as to the maker or original name I can't even guess, since it appears to have been refinished.
The bottom bracket should be 36mm x 24TPI right hand thread both sides. The head tube transfer certainly fits the holes.

Keith

I was sent this by a friend, she thinks it's a "Competizione" frame cir early-mid 1980's. A lower end model where white was a paint option as well as a chrome fork. I'm 90% sure she's right. Graphics match as well as the script on the top tube.

Frame.png

Back