Intrsting Hei Hei on facebook (canada)

Morning Pip

If you take a look back through the Kona catalogues (or google images) from memory the cable guide/dog collar was black in colour on the 93/94 model hei hei. all later models were silver/grey
Ah yes absolutely, - I'm with you now on this. BTW, my files of pictures on most things Kona and the Custom Program in particular is mahoosive, so I can usually drag up something relevant.
M900 groupset is also a bit of a clue assuming its original and finally handlebars look to be Ti with a kona-ish shim
The M900 Crank is listed in the Spec for the Hei Hei in the 1993 and 1994 US Catalogues, along with the Ti Bars - oh, and the Front and Rear Mechs.

Pip.

Last edited:
I have message the seller regarding the paint job but didnt inquire about serial number as some sellers seem skeptical about sharing this info.
I entirely understand how and why some owners are reluctant to reveal the Serial Number of their frame. I have received various responses while compiling and maintaining the three Kona Custom Program Serial Number Lists.

However, I find that by pointing the owner / seller to the List on here, and / or suggest to them the first few digits of their own frame (in this case (B19###), it can sometime result in them revealing it - even on e-Bay!

Good use of the word Mahoosive!

L😃L

Yeah if anyone needs a picture for reference of anything related to the Kona Custom Program, I am likely to have something. My files of pictures for the three lists that I have compiled total 1.5GB o_O .

Pip

Last edited:
With those Cable Stops and Bullet Dropouts, it will be a 1993 to early 1996 Hei Hei - the frame's serial number would be really handy, and enable me to add it to the Kona Titanium Serial Number List.

The Down Tube Decal is the 1999 or 2000 font, but it is difficult to tell if it is the Colour Co-ordinated 1999 version, or the 2000 Glow In The Dark version.

Can anyone make out what is written towards the rear of the Top Tube?

I don't do Social Media, but hopefully someone can drag the Serial Number out of the owner? Just point them at the List, and show them that we merely want it for completeness on this site:

https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/kona-titanium-frame-serial-numbers-list-on-page-9.396211/page-9

Pip
Some newer pictures have come to light of this unusual frame:

Going by Cable Stops and Dropouts alone, it has to a 19” 1993 or ‘94 or ‘95 frame, but with rather more modern 1998 / 1999 Down Tube Decals, some generic “Kona Custom” and “Hei Hei” Decals, and the very interesting “Police” Decal, with something almost readable on the Drive Side Chain Stay.

What do you think? Did the Canadian Police trot around on these doing their duties?

93_5 Hei Hei 19 Painted_2.jpg

Pip

Back