Insects Where have they all gone.

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":2lk0fbc7 said:
Also got to consider the boom in air travel from the late 80s onwards with the availability of ever cheaper flights.

Ah, so they have all gone abroad then :)

Re:

Alas, not gonna end well. Nature is telling us something we cant ignore. I noticed this too as i travel a lot on motorways. We might not like bugs but we need them big time. Over population, greedy corporates pushing for more intensive farming and a generation of must have it all's cheap. Somethings gotta give !!

I think we need a new approach to gardens, amongst other things. In London, we have relatively small gardens on our street. Yet most are now paved over, and have their vegetation practically eradicated, reduced to potted shrubs, etc.

Planning permission, barring protected trees, does little to control this.

We ought to be encouraging much more habitat creation.

highlandsflyer":24q3xt8k said:
I think we need a new approach to gardens, amongst other things. In London, we have relatively small gardens on our street. Yet most are now paved over, and have their vegetation practically eradicated, reduced to potted shrubs, etc.

Planning permission, barring protected trees, does little to control this.

We ought to be encouraging much more habitat creation.

Very good point. I never use weed killer and leave things wild as much as poss. I hated cleaning up the windscreen in the old days but its scary sad there is only one big bug splat from a drive back from
Devon yesterday :shock: My gut feel is its a massive increase in pesticide and chemicals use. People are waaaay too fussy these days and will moan about the tinyist thing. Hotel owner we spoke to said the same. Of course all his staff are spraying the sh1t out of every spider, gnat or germ in the place. Its not good for the female staffs fertility either.

Watched Wall-E with my kid t'other day and it wont be too far from fact in 20yrs.

It is worrying how many people are unaware of the current geo-engineering program, and its effects on the environment.

It is, as they say, an experiment. They are not sure if it will actually achieve the desired results but have said millions will die during the experiments, stating that the planet itself is more important than its inhabitants.

Across America, where they have been geo-engineering for many years, a lot of the trees have started to die off and the soil is becoming more unusable as the particles are brought down by rain so end up soaking into the soil. It's scary just how much of the planet is classed as unsuitable for food growth, but that's a different story. Totally unrelated of course, Monsanto has already developed a seed that will grow in soil heavily contaminated by heavy metals.

Oh, just to add, the trees are dying on the upside of the branches, from the rainfall. It took a few years for people to notice as they still look normal from below.

Organisations have been campaigning for years, to make people aware and to stop the spraying and pollution of our skies. But people just don't seem to care anymore, too many distractions.

Divide and conquer, the oldest tactic in the book. They have people too worried about their own lives, just looking out for themselves while all around them is death and destruction of their own people. If only we could all work together and move forward.

Right, I will get off my soapbox now. This is only a small part of the world that's been made around you, and most of it is a lie...

Im happy that there is a growing awareness of how detrimental Glyphosate(most systemic weedkillers like roundup)and the use of rodent poisons have on local biodiversity.

mkone":3r9mytsk said:
It is worrying how many people are unaware of the current geo-engineering program, and its effects on the environment.

It is, as they say, an experiment. They are not sure if it will actually achieve the desired results but have said millions will die during the experiments, stating that the planet itself is more important than its inhabitants.

Across America, where they have been geo-engineering for many years, a lot of the trees have started to die off and the soil is becoming more unusable as the particles are brought down by rain so end up soaking into the soil. It's scary just how much of the planet is classed as unsuitable for food growth, but that's a different story. Totally unrelated of course, Monsanto has already developed a seed that will grow in soil heavily contaminated by heavy metals.

Oh, just to add, the trees are dying on the upside of the branches, from the rainfall. It took a few years for people to notice as they still look normal from below.

Organisations have been campaigning for years, to make people aware and to stop the spraying and pollution of our skies. But people just don't seem to care anymore, too many distractions.

Divide and conquer, the oldest tactic in the book. They have people too worried about their own lives, just looking out for themselves while all around them is death and destruction of their own people. If only we could all work together and move forward.

Right, I will get off my soapbox now. This is only a small part of the world that's been made around you, and most of it is a lie...

Exactly, keep the majority ignorant, divide and rule. Montsanto and the likes of Starbucks in the US pay 10's of $Ms to lobby the Govt to suppress data on their products. I just hope enough of the next gen can make the case to divert resources to ecologically sustainable farming methods and practise before its too late.

Back