In the wrong hands.....

I hear your pain and I get it, but it is also a bike that has been used and enjoyed for it's intended purpose... the flip side is that in the future, someone might get it and restore it once again. Most of my bikes have been enjoyed and knackered by previous owners... I've enjoyed restoring them and enjoy riding them again.... if I sell them, someone may wear them down again.... yin and yang.... It's beautiful in it's own way.

Could be worse... I cry a little inside when I see in the xbiking sub Reddit how people find nearly original classics and then do the usual 1x conversion, Billy Bonkers tires and v brakes. It was cool the first time, but now it's just copy paste.

Best will be when they get tired of them in 12 months and try to recoup their 800£ investment in a 30 year old bike... (Like the fixie conversions 15 years ago, that ruined so many classy road bikes forever).

But everybody has their right to ruin their own bikes...
Suits you Sir…

Attachments

• IMG_8835.jpeg
    IMG_8835.jpeg
    352.6 KB · Views: 16
Sure, everyone's right to do whatever to their bikes. I feel sad if the starting point is a true original bike that has remained so for 30 years, just to satisfy today's looks. I'm more tolerant if the bike has already gone through many changes. My personal bike was bought original in 1992, but through wear and replacement the original parts are now marginal...

But again, my taste, not gospel.

Back