Import charges

It really is a p!sstake. I particularly object to Parcel Force adding £12 just to collect the duty. )I think Royal Mail charge £8 - why the difference?)

I just shipped a retro MTB to the US. Valued >£700 and fully insured. When I asked the buyer how to declare it, I was told to declare full amount. The US don’t apply fees for old tat even if it’s $1000 worth (albeit I marked it as a gift - not sure what difference that might make). FedEx collected it from my doorstep at midday Wednesday; it was delivered at midday today, in New Jersey (local time).
Similarly, I imported a retro MTB pet from Japan last week. I asked seller to use FedEx. It was marked as gift but value was >£300 so I knew a customs bill was forthcoming. Duly so, FedEx emailed and texted me the bill ~ £70 a few days later. Then to my surprise the part arrived at my door a day after that. I still haven’t (and don’t intent to) pay that £70.
FedEx FTW.
It seems FedEx also charges £12 for the pleasure of taking your pants down. I take it all back. (But I still haven’t paid the charge!)

Attachments

• 236EA5D3-1E45-4807-9675-C6A98CF6A5CB.jpeg
    236EA5D3-1E45-4807-9675-C6A98CF6A5CB.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 2
Back