Identify the Klein on Seinfeld

i think it might say pinacle on the sticker too

here's a pinnacle

IMG_65291024x768.jpg

supposedly the later Klein is a Adroit tho

24pouces":bcjakwvx said:
it's a pinnacle (not horizontal drop out…) ;)

Well, the Mountain Klein looks to have the same dropouts as the Pinnacle. However the "Seinfeld Klein" have a MC1 installed and I guess that first came with the Pinnacle?

During this process I have been trying to find the difference between the Mountain Klein and the Pinnacle. It's really hard to see the difference at least on the frame. Anybody know...?....or was the Pinnacle just a Mountain Klein with a MC1?

The Pinnacle was born around 1987 or 1988, just after the "Mountain Klein"
In the 1989 catalog, you only find 2 pinnacle and the Top gun, with a MC1 combo and the rear horizontal drop out (The top gun frame became the Rascal…)
You could still buy a Mountain Klein frame. The main difference with the pinnacle were the sizes (19, 21 and 23" for the MK, 18, 20 and 22" for the Pinnacle). Perhaps different geometries, but the same design.

In 1990, the Pinnacle "Elite" was sold with a MC1 combo. But you could easily bought the combo alone for your klein (the MC1 existed in 1" or 1"1/4 quill…)
On your picture, with canti rear brake, there's no doubt it's a 1990 Pinnacle (U brake under the stays in 1989)

24pouces":8lhy03yb said:
The Pinnacle was born around 1987 or 1988, just after the "Mountain Klein"
In the 1989 catalog, you only find 2 pinnacle and the Top gun, with a MC1 combo and the rear horizontal drop out (The top gun frame became the Rascal…)
You could still buy a Mountain Klein frame. The main difference with the pinnacle were the sizes (19, 21 and 23" for the MK, 18, 20 and 22" for the Pinnacle). Perhaps different geometries, but the same design.

In 1990, the Pinnacle "Elite" was sold with a MC1 combo. But you could easily bought the combo alone for your klein (the MC1 existed in 1" or 1"1/4 quill…)
On your picture, with canti rear brake, there's no doubt it's a 1990 Pinnacle (U brake under the stays in 1989)

Ok, thanks for clearing that up a bit for me. :)

I did actually see the cantis after my last post and also I did see the decals that most likely says Pinnacle as Frantik pointed out so.....a little embarrassed that I didn't see that right away. :D

Anyway, as you mention, the TG became the Rascal and the early Attitude is heavliy based on the TG/Rascal. It seems that Klein "re-used" quite a bit in building their line up. So thats why I wonder if not the Pinnacle is just another brand name for the Mountain Klein frame concept?

Still you mention that they had different frame sizes. It would be really interesting to see the actual measurements for these frames.

24pouces":1wf28blu said:
The top gun frame became the Rascal

Paramount Pictures sent Gary a cease and desist letter threatening litigation for copyright infringement of that pile of treacle Tom Cruise starred in with the same name. Gary complied and changed the frame's name.

FMJ":15nc9q5u said:
24pouces":15nc9q5u said:
The top gun frame became the Rascal

Paramount Pictures sent Gary a cease and desist letter threatening litigation for copyright infringement of that pile of treacle Tom Cruise starred in with the same name. Gary complied and changed the frame's name.

Interesting, never heard that story before.

I really would love to find a site that had the complete story behind Klein bikes.

One thing that just popped in to my mind:

Is there anyone on this forum who knows what type of Klein that was hanging on the wall in Seinfelds apartment? The green one remember?

I always believed that it was a Pinnacle but now I have seen pictures of both Mountain Klein and Rascal in the same color.

Anyone knows? For some reason I feel that I need to know......

:D
Its a 1990 Klein Pinnacle MC1

Attachments

• p6pb23592316.jpg
    p6pb23592316.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 7
Back