I would love some advice on a bike for my wife.

Had this with my wife a couple of years ago. We went for a Cube WLS Access Race 29er in the end (a pretty similar spec MTB to the Tango). She has really enjoyed riding it off road and it gave her a lot of confidence. She want to do more of the Evans ride it rides now. Colour was a lot of the choice with her too and it was a nightmare as the lower spec bike with the really crappy Suntour forks was in a colour she liked and the one that was the best value in a scheme she hated. In the end I spent more than I intended to get a better spec in a scheme she liked.
It's been accessorised with Topeak saddle (tools and spares) and Handlebar bag, which she wasn't sold on to start with but now is totally on board with due to the fit, quality and ease of use.

I'm interested to know why she likes the look of the swifty scooter. I wonder if it has anything to do with the ease of getting on/off it. My missus loves her folding bike (and my Brompton!) because the low step over which gives her a lot more confidence.

greencat":28msnse6 said:
I'm interested to know why she likes the look of the swifty scooter. I wonder if it has anything to do with the ease of getting on/off it. My missus loves her folding bike (and my Brompton!) because the low step over which gives her a lot more confidence.

It's more that she thinks it's cool

She also thinks that somehow pushing will be just as efficient as pedalling...... add that to her complaints of a sore bum after cycling and I thinks that's why she likes it.

I have a Brompton too that she like looking at (M6 raw black edition) but is not so keen on riding as she thinks it is 'twitchy' which it is I suppose. I also don't think it's particularly quick.

Back