I was robbed! IMPORTANT ADVICE!

ocris

Retro Newbie
Hi there guys!

Be carefull when buying bikes or parts from people on the forum!
I did not do basic checks and as I was really wanting that frame, I ended up paying and never receiving the frame I paid for... And the seller dissapeard and no answer anymore.

So I thought it is important to advice everyone here to take extra care.

Explaining:
(Now I can see I fell on a fraud sale).

I posted a "Wanted MTB" looking for a GT Xizang.
I member here (Rookie3) sent me a message saying a friend of his (Richard Bones) had one. He passed me his email (bonesrichard99 AT gmail.com).
(later/now I checked this member profile (Rookie3) was created only to send me that message).
So I sent an email to his "friend". He sent me photos of the bike/frame.
We agreed on payment and I did.
Then he stopped replying me. Never sent the extra photos I asked for. Never shipped the frame.
After 10 days he sent me an email saying things were difficult, he appologize the way things ended and he would think on 2 options to return my money... bla bla bla... It has been 10 days again...

Please be aware and take extra care.
I know I could have avoided that with basic care and verification. But I did not. I trusted this was a great forum (and I know there are bad people everywhere)...
Retro Bike has no fault on this. I just suggest only members with minimum amount of messages, verified phones, emails, etc should be allowed to contact other members... Just a thought now.

Take care!

Sorry to hear that, there is a warning posted as a sticky at the top of the Wanted section about such scams.

Ah, like linked to in above post and also as said above the Feedback, it is there to check on preious selling experiences with forum members.

Thanks guys and Admin!
I have posted this on the proper topic. And I am contributing there.
Please delete this one, if you prefer.

Latest posts

Back