I think I want to scratch the Klein itch…..

Yes I’ve seen that one and it’s one to consider. Probably cheaper to buy a bike with spec I’d like (XTR) though. It is local too.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Comp and Race had the same frame but different colours, Race full bike had a higher spec than Comp.
What size are you looking for?
I’m 5.11 so around a 19 inch centre to top. But I’m not fussed if it’s a little smaller as it’ll only be ridden locally.

Thanks for the kind offer but it definitely be a hard tail or rigid bike I’d want. I’ve also decided it needs to be as bright as possible as for some reason my bikes always seem to be dark/silver/grey colours

So I offered £1k for the eBay Adriot at £1500 which has been turned down. My gut feeling is that at £1500 I might as well add a bit more cash and get a earlier bike which doesn’t suffer from the links to Trek. These post 96 bikes seem to sit for sale for ages at around 500-800 and just never sell.

Any thoughts?

Go for the pre trek, they are more special. Look at this beautys and compare with the trek era and they are and feel quite diferent. Yes they are not made to ride, but they look amazing in your living room. Well ride but not too much. This are not mine, I like a nice looking bicycle and a good ride, but perhaps one day ...

PD: one is not as cool as the others. 🧐

1642430831146.png

So I offered £1k for the eBay Adriot at £1500 which has been turned down. My gut feeling is that at £1500 I might as well add a bit more cash and get a earlier bike which doesn’t suffer from the links to Trek. These post 96 bikes seem to sit for sale for ages at around 500-800 and just never sell.

Any thoughts?
Yeah £1k seems high for a Trek Klein regardless of condition/spec. For that kind of money you could get a mighty fine Pre Trek Pinnacle, but I might biased here :) For these at last I can confidently state that they are made very much for riding. Even in your living room if you must ;) Yes, they don´t have the massive forks of the Attitudes/Adroits, OTOH they don´t rattle your fillings out over rough stuff. They just punish your backside.

But can´t think of a reason to not ride an Attitude either. Ok if you have NOS one, but I know of at least 3 buddies who ride them regularly and without hesitation.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yeah £1k seems high for a Trek Klein regardless of condition/spec. For that kind of money you could get a mighty fine Pre Trek Pinnacle, but I might biased here :) For these at last I can confidently state that they are made very much for riding. Even in your living room if you must ;) Yes, they don´t have the massive forks of the Attitudes/Adroits, OTOH they don´t rattle your fillings out over rough stuff. They just punish your backside.

But can´t think of a reason to not ride an Attitude either. Ok if you have NOS one, but I know of at least 3 buddies who ride them regularly and without hesitation.
I will watch the market a bit now I feel and see what comes up. I may wait for a nice condition bike to come up which I can split and keep the frame and then build using XTR parts I have /or I come across.

I’ve a feeling that the one I’d offered on won’t be selling any time soon at £1500 but let’s see. I always think once retrobikes get past £1k it has to be special (early Klein fits that criteria)

Pre Trek - a bit like buying a 1980's Aston Martin, knowing it will be trouble and is far too expensive

Post Trek- a bit like working on a then brand-new pre-production Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato and finding a Ford Focus fuse board under the passenger footwell (true story)

Back