I just bought an automatic rear mech!?

grey-beard

Orange 🍊 Fan
I couldn't help myself, I'd never heard of these before, from around 2000. Apparently they don't really work, but I can't wait to find out!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That's a new one on me! I'm sure that'll be a bit of fun if nothing else.Or maybe it'll cause so much friction it doubles as an automatic brake!
Looking forward to hearing how that goes.

I haven't used it yet, the bike I was going to try it out on won't work, the hub flanges are too high, it need a low flange for the pulley to clip onto.
I've watched a couple of youtube videos and it seems to sort of work, but not really? There is no indexing, so if you cadence is between gears, it skips between gears? not good, but maybe just a case of changing riding style to suit. I really wanted it on an ebike commuter bike, so it was always in an easy gear to set off, but I can't fit it to the hub motor without fabricating something, so work to do.

I see what you mean about getting cadence right.Great video that,love a bit of unusual,bespoke engineering.Couple of LED's on the centrifugal weights,just the job!

Latest posts

Back