Hub size for old Pace rigid forks?

Cheekygrin

Dirt Disciple
I have a set of old Pace rigid cromo forks.

The dropout distance is 90mm.... which is an unusual size, I havent come across that before - does anyone know any hubs that will fit? The pace front hub I have is 100mm and wont fit, and I suspenct 99% of the rest of the industry is that size too...

Any recommendations on how to keep and use the fork? I have done some searching on google but short of messing with the forks, not much beyond 90mm sturmey archer hub brake hubs I come across so far...

Cheers

All started with the RC30 and should be 100mm. They were never 90mm so what you have must have one, or both, legs bent. That or custom legs, for a weird hub, which is kinda fun.

Last edited:
Measure between the legs (not the welded/ bonded drop out area depending on mk) at the top and at the bottom.....they should be the same. If not they are bent.

Do you have a picture of the forks?
Apologies, awful picture.. the ones on the right ofc. Quite possible 5 mm deviation on both. I will take a better picture when I get into the bike this weekend

Attachments

• 20231110_150025.jpg
    20231110_150025.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 34
Are the legs sitting straight in the crown?
Looks to me that they may be turned in a little which will effect the fitment.
If so, its a simple job to undo them and rotate them outwards a little.

If it's the RC30 with the gold crown? The non drive side dropout and the brake on that side looks like it's pointing inwards. Does it just need the crown bolts loosening and the legs rotated straight in the crown?

Are the legs sitting straight in the crown?
Looks to me that they may be turned in a little which will effect the fitment.
If so, its a simple job to undo them and rotate them outwards a little
Apologies @ Once A Hero
Hadn't seen this posted while typing but I agree.

I have a set of old Pace rigid cromo forks.

The dropout distance is 90mm.... which is an unusual size, I havent come across that before - does anyone know any hubs that will fit? The pace front hub I have is 100mm and wont fit, and I suspenct 99% of the rest of the industry is that size too...

Any recommendations on how to keep and use the fork? I have done some searching on google but short of messing with the forks, not much beyond 90mm sturmey archer hub brake hubs I come across so far...

Cheers
That front hub will fit.
Undo the crown bolts,
stick the hub in and rotate the leg till it fits,
clamp the q/r, check again,
align height
Do the bolts back up.

Back